Wetlands restoration in works

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That article is quite interesting for a few reasons. One, we know the sign is still around and they just remove it when not in use. Also, I have been telling everyone on this site that if you want to see the Parker Preserve as it started out, now is the time to do it. It will never be the same.

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
The idea of restoring the area to pre-farming conditions is interesting, but personally I'm a little dissapointed. Bogs, once flooded and deserted provide a great habitat for chain pickerel, large water fowl, snapping turtles, river otters and beaver. Being a fisherman, I'm sorry to see the bogs go. I have always been amazed by how the woods quickly takes over man made structures once those structures are abandoned, whether it be a bog, or whole town.

Oh well, I see the attraction of the restoration also, but personally I would have rather seen it just left to nature. I doubt the eagles are gonna hang around after the bogs are reduced to streams.

Jeff

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
woodjin said:
The idea of restoring the area to pre-farming conditions is interesting, but personally I'm a little dissapointed. Bogs, once flooded and deserted provide a great habitat for chain pickerel, large water fowl, snapping turtles, river otters and beaver. Being a fisherman, I'm sorry to see the bogs go. I have always been amazed by how the woods quickly takes over man made structures once those structures are abandoned, whether it be a bog, or whole town.

Oh well, I see the attraction of the restoration also, but personally I would have rather seen it just left to nature. I doubt the eagles are gonna hang around after the bogs are reduced to streams.

Jeff

i agree, other bogs have been left to nature and are wonderful and unique places