What is this bug???!!!

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
While sitting on my toilet, I looked at the rug and there sat something I thought at first was a spider. It looked like one of those ones with the long skinny brown legs with the little fat body in the middle. But this one had an unusual fat body?? I threw a roll of toilet paper at it (all I had). Too my horror it started hopping extremely fast!! Once landing on my foot and just as fast hopping away again. I ran out of the bathroom and ended up killing it with a shoe. Then I examined it more closely. It was no spider. It had two long antenna . Never seen anything like this in all my life in the pines. I discovered another one smashed on my back porch today. Any ideas or pics can help me find out just what this creature is.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
You were right Marc, it is a camel cricket. I found it on a great website
www.whatsthatbug.com Who would have ever thought that!! LOL It was the second pic on the page, the smaller brown one. Even though I now know it is a cricket, it is still going to take some time getting used too.

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
Ahhh bugs.....Just another luxury of living in the woods. :dance:LOL
I get them same freaky brown crickets in the house from time to time.
I would call them moon crickets (my own little name). Now I know what they are and I still hate them.