What is your favorite photo editing software?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well of course Photoshop is the "standard", although pretty expensive for casual use unfortunately. But you can usually get Photoshop Elements relatively cheaply... manufacturers used to include an older version for free whenever you bought a scanner. I haven't used the newer versions, but the old one really had a nice feature set.

Does your camera support RAW mode for photos? If so then you get a lot more control afterwards, but you will need software which can use that format. Not sure what inexpensive programs support that, but I'm sure there are some.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
If your looking for free, an old but decent program, Microsoft Image Composer can do most basic things (including sharpening) it also comes with a .gif animator. Either 1.5 or 2.0 depending on your operating system.

I have photoshop and you pay for a lot of bells and whistles unless your using for print purposes.

Not editing software, but check out

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Thanks everyone, I figured it was going to come down to a Photoshop product. I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Nice fox!

Ed