When the Rancocas meets the Wading

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I had an interesting coversation with someone today. I have always been interested in the watershed northwest of Chatsworth Lake, where the Wading is born. I was telling him I wanted to explore it because it looks like the waters of the Rancocas and the Wading mingle at one point, a difficult feat.

He confirmed that they did at one time. Someone had apparantly built a canal between the two, and when the blueberry farmers wanted more water they sucked it from the Wading, and when the cranberry farmers wanted more, they sucked it from the Rancocas.

But, when Demarco sold some of his land in that area, he kept a small strip of land that crossed the canal, so that water could never be taken from the Wading again.

Not sure how true it is, but its a neat story.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Can you pinpoint that area on a map for us?

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry Bob but I can't envision the location.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
TeeGate said:
Sorry Bob but I can't envision the location.

Guy

Thats okay Guy, we all have trouble seeing things sometimes. Go back to the link and then to the zoom-out buttons on the upper left corner. Proceed to zoom out one click at a time started from the bottom, each time saying to yourself while looking at the map..."now where the heck am I?".

I guarantee you will only need to zoom out one click. And that goes for anyone who knows the pines just a little on this board.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You can drive across that. I will go that way the next time I am in the area to check it out.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob...it is a paved road. It passed the trash station and many homes. You enter by Apple Pie Hill and come out eventually on Panama road between the Hedger House and downtown Chatsworth.

Guy