Where are the good places on the rivers

virgos

Explorer
Mar 25, 2007
Where are the good places on the rivers . . . where you can explore away from the actual current. Some of your favorite places! Thanks

email if you don't want it to be on the board: kenfrank3rd@hotmail.com

lowerbankman

Scout
Nov 12, 2008
Lower Bank, NJ
I have to agree with grendel, but really the best thing to do is go in a kayak and spend a day going up and down as many creeks as you can, especially along the mullica, you're bound to find remains from old bridges and mammoth sized stumps if the tides are right.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
And I have to agree with the two posters above... there really is no answer to your question as there are so many great places out there. As Lowerbankman mentioned you'll see all kinds of stuff along the river, any tributary will take you to sheltered coves filled with turtles or other wildlife, beaches (many with some impressive uplands) and of course signs of times that have gone by (ruins, dams, etc). Theres no shortage of places to explore. This goes for any river, Mullica, Batsto, Great Egg Harbor, Wading, Oswego etc etc. I've found some great spots.

I have to agree with the last 3 posters :) I have grown up here in this general area and have been swimming,canoeing,tubing you name it in the rivers in this area. Not once have I ever had a dull time or regretted a particular trip. The best I could tell you is to start by findin a river or place of interest put in and start from there. You wont regret it

6 feet over

Dec 6, 2008
Delco, PA
I'm interested in this type of adventure as well. I've been on more lakes in NJ than rivers. Manatico (sp?) Sand Ponds is one such place. Wilson's Lake in Scotland Run Park is another. I was on Makepeace Lake a long time ago. I was there more as a fisherman than explorer.

I'd say offering quality launch locations would be very helpful towards this end. Tips for day and over night river trips, etc.