Where is this?

Oriental

Explorer
Apr 21, 2005
Hint#2: Most people from this site have driven within 30 feet of each of these structures. Some of you have been past them dozens and dozens of times!

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I want to say that this foundation is by timberline campground. The open area behind it is the tenting area. Take a right off stage road towards Chatsworth and it would be right on your left. Hence why everyone would drive by it.

Reactions: Teegate

Oriental

Explorer
Apr 21, 2005
Absolutely correct Pinebucks. Bob, it was your post of the former bogs along the Ives Branch in Bass River that encouraged me to post the two pictures. I estimate that I drove past these sites more than 1000 times in the last 40 years. I only took notice of the foundation about 10 years ago and never saw the chimney that is directly across the street until last year. The open area that can be seen through the woods in the chimney picture is the "lake" on the north side of 679. Does anyone know the function of these former buildings?

Reactions: bobpbx

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I spent a lot of summers camping at Timberline when I was kid. Spent a lot of time fishing those lakes and exploring the woods nearby. The chimney threw me off.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Where is it?

WR.PNG