Which metal detector is best for treasure hunting

sambillings

Jul 9, 2017
San Francisco
I have two questions.
1) which location is best for treasure hunting?
2) Which metal detector is best for treasure hunting?

I really appreciate your answers.

Thanks

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
You may want to reach out to folks like these for guidance on where its allowed (not many places) and where it is allowed what areas do best and what equipment they recommend. The beaches in North Jersey for instance the days after Superstorm Sandy were apparently a good place to be to find items churned up from underneath sand layers. Metal Detecting is definitely not allowed in State Forests, State and County Parks, Wildlife Management areas and private property without permission from the owner. Good luck!

http://www.dsmdc.org/

sambillings

Jul 9, 2017
San Francisco
Thanks, I really appreciate your answer and it's really helpful for me.
I select Garrett AT Pro and I choose from DETECTORBOSS. I think it's best for me.
I have added the link to help others.

Thanks once again

Last edited:

sambillings

Jul 9, 2017
San Francisco
No, I didn't use metal detector in Netherlands because it's illegal
Last time when I go to Miami I really enjoy treasure hunting that was my first experience and it's an awesome experience.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Ah, ok then - sorry. Hope you enjoy your next visit to the US. As Pinebarrens Advocate wrote above, the use of metal detectors is illegal in many places so you need to check the local laws before using one.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
You are allowed to detect Atsion beach with a permit and thats about it.All treasures are to stay buried forever till they decay into oblivion because once you drop it the state owns it so please hold onto your cell phone.