Whimper

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Can you believe this lady? This really outrages me. Sure, raise everyone else's fare so you "can be compensated".

From CNN:

Hundreds of people were stranded at LaGuardia when their flights were canceled. Some who couldn't find a seat spread out their bags on the floor and slept on them.

"It's the weather, what can we do?" asked Myre Maureen Harte, whose Florida flight had been delayed for 15 hours. "We should be compensated in some way for this."

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
HA! Especially ironic as I read this sitting here at work. I was the only one who made it in today after taking shifts with my father helping pump out my grandmother's basement all night. She's been in her house (which is on relatively high ground) for 57 years and NEVER had water until now. My father had thought that the main water line coming into the house had broken because the water was coming in so fast. The main part of the house is about 120 years old and has a stone foundation/dirt floor. The mud on from the floor kept clogging the pump so we got an old TV, some chairs, and some blankets, and camped out, clearing it every so often and turning it off when it got too hot.

This morning it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get to work (usually takes about 35 minutes) and when I finally got there I had to bargain with a cop to allow me to go through the barriers to get to my office. The thing that really cracked me up was listening to people call into the radio station complaining about DOT "not doing their jobs" and allowing the roads to flood! What are they supposed to do? Plow the water off the roads!? In short-I have no sympathy for you lady :rolleyes:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I had to go on a business trip yesterday evening and the Philadelphia airport was really crowded with people waiting for delayed/canceled flights. But actually I thought everyone was taking it really well since it was obvious there wasn't anything to be done about the weather.

I felt lucky that my flight was only two hours late. My only complaint was that the heat was blasting mercilessly inside the terminal. It was - literally - about 90 degrees inside. I was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans but was soaked in sweat. Must have been some sort of HVAC problem.