White Deer

tenfiftyfour

Mar 24, 2008
Toms River
sighted again

I saw three of them the other day out near fort dix. This is the best pic I could get with my phone.

Attachments

• whitedeer4.JPG
    whitedeer4.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 425

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Reputedly the world's largest herd of white deer is located not very far from here near Seneca NY at a recently closed Army depot. The commander of the base protected the white deer and over time they became quite large in number. At one time there were tours of the base offered, but that has since ended.

http://senecawhitedeer.org/

bigfootmorf

Jan 8, 2006
Brownsmills
One of these white deer was killed illegally a week or so ago,and dumped on Barclay st in Browns Mills. It was presumably a buck,because the head and front legs were cut off.This is sick,and a waste.If you have any info,please report it to Fish & Game,or sene me a message,thanks

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
Saw one about 20 years ago at my parent's house in Blackwood. It reminded me of the C.S. Lewis Narnia books that I was reading at the time. :p

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
Somewhere out near woodmansie there is supposed to be a few of them around, I have yet to see them. I know someone who lives in the area that has seen them in the rye fields from time to time. According to south jersey legend, they are good luck.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
One of these white deer was killed illegally a week or so ago,and dumped on Barclay st in Browns Mills. It was presumably a buck,because the head and front legs were cut off.This is sick,and a waste.If you have any info,please report it to Fish & Game,or sene me a message,thanks

That is a shame, I've seen them crossing the road there many times. In the summertime I like fishing at sunset by the little bridge near Hydrangea St. and N.Lakeshore. I drive down Barclay St. to get back home. I have also seen a deer in the small area of woods by Hanover dam.