White Stakes?

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Hey all,
While out riding this weekend and passing through Mount we found 2 stakes with what looked to be GPS coordinates on them. We came into Mount from Mount Jemimiah via Devious Mount Road. We continued on straight and proceeded to see more of these stakes along this road and then along Washington Road. They were mostly on the driver's side of the vehicle.
Was there some type of motorcycle race or hike in the Pines this weekend?
I did see an older post on stakes found out by Carranza from 2003.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Kevin

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
probably mile markers for the enduro that was out there this wkend.. those aren't GPS coords.. they're minutes. its a great, legal, responsible, state approved way to recreate in the pines. takes some smart thinking too. you should see one sometime.. they're more fun to ride in :) but watching is fun too..

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
probably mile markers for the enduro that was out there this wkend.. those aren't GPS coords.. they're minutes. its a great, legal, responsible, state approved way to recreate in the pines. takes some smart thinking too. you should see one sometime.. they're more fun to ride in :) but watching is fun too..

Hey thanks for the information. That makes sense about the minutes. How do you find out about these races? I am guessing this race was on Sunday, seeing I was out there on Saturday and did not see any racers.

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
they usually have a good turnout. i would have been racing, but i have some funky tendonitis in my right wrist (from work) that just won't calm down.. riding would have been fun, but my wrist would have taken a beating.. they're great to watch.

maxwell, there is another coming up soon. i belong to the club if you and your son want to watch, PM me and i'll set you up. i'm helping to work the start in the morning, so it should be fun.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
they usually have a good turnout. i would have been racing, but i have some funky tendonitis in my right wrist (from work) that just won't calm down.. riding would have been fun, but my wrist would have taken a beating.. they're great to watch.

maxwell, there is another coming up soon. i belong to the club if you and your son want to watch, PM me and i'll set you up. i'm helping to work the start in the morning, so it should be fun.

Thats great!! I wish I had a cycle and knew how to ride but that'll have to wait a little longer. Yea bad wrists or knees are not that fun on cycles in that environment. I will definitely have to keep an eye ofr them.

theres not to many places that you are allowed to ride them around here anymore. I have a friend who owns 2 (retired) gravel pitts right around where i live and he allows a couple of us to ride them out there. I actually have a couple pictures on here of my daughter and i putting around there to look for ducks.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
theres not to many places that you are allowed to ride them around here anymore. I have a friend who owns 2 (retired) gravel pitts right around where i live and he allows a couple of us to ride them out there. I actually have a couple pictures on here of my daughter and i putting around there to look for ducks.

Well that's cool. I would think the State Rangers/Park Police would not approve but private land usage is a good thing.