Whitesbog frogging

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Well the good news Guy is that I now have a few more watchdogs out there helping to keep the ecology of the pines safe, thanks oji and turtle.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well the good news Guy is that I now have a few more watchdogs out there helping to keep the ecology of the pines safe, thanks oji and turtle.

That is good news Dragon.

Even though I might have a good recipe or three for almost everything that walks or hops through the pines, (except snakes :)) I play by the all of the rules and waste nothing.
I would be the first one to make the call to F&W if I saw something as wasteful and disrespectful as what Terry and Gloria happened upon.

I hope they charge the culprit and I would be very interested to know what the person was really targeting. The size of the trap, according to Terry's observations, is more typical of a fish trap, not a turtle fyke.

This is more typical for a snapper:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...b=13746jjic&sigi=11plgh955&.crumb=g0A/Vd40a85

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
They are targeting spotted turtles or mud turtles. This is an ongoing issue and hopefully justice is served before the species is functionally extinct at this spot, may be too late however...has been going on for years.

Scott you or anyone else please let me know or fish and game if you see anything suspicious. If you need to know what to look for let me know via PM, I very willing to educate all the good folks of the barrens on what to look for.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Chris,
Are the spotted and mud turtles taken as part of an illicit pet trade or for food ? I have never heard of anyone taking those species.

I do have our local F&W CO's cell number. We see him a few times of year back here during duck season.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
014.JPG I saw this turtle while driving through Whitesbog a couple days ago.