Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
Sunrise at the bogs, Whitesbog
wbsunrsweb.jpg

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Your Sunrise at the bogs pic is awesome! Reminds me of great times past like, opening day duck hunting (north zone) on the Big Tank.

Setting up before first light, and watching the sun rise across the water. Seeing the beauty of the autumn colored treeline start to glow in the increasing light, and witnessing the true splendor of nature, only to be interupted by the silhouette of a flock of mallards... but I digress... thanx for the pic.

John-

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That grass pink is a super nice photo Doug. :cool:

You have really done superb work this year, downright astounding. Professional quality.

How about a little summary from you telling us how you evolved over the past couple years into this kind of photographer, and how you feel when you go out to do a shoot in the pines?

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Doug, keep a sharp look out in the coming months. The rarities on the grounds of Whitesbog will be revealing themselves.

Please keep your posting your photographs! I have enjoyed each and every one of them.;)

BTW- I was the fellow in the white van that gave you a friendly hello last week when you where photographing the water lily. I didn't mean to break your focus.

fierodoug

Explorer
Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
Thanx guys
I live in Country lakes, Browns Mills. Been here 16 years, grew up in East brunswick NJ and still work up there. Got into exploring the Pine barrens about 4-5 years ago as my girlfriend is the outdoors type, I never was except when I was a kid. We got into kayaking, hiking, and driving though the woods. Found this great site and were opened up to all kinds of neat things right in our own backyard. I was never in Photography. My girlfriend would always bring a camera on our outings. Then in 2011 Chase Schiefler was posting his Pine barrens photos on this site and I was blown away with his work. Soon after I started to take pictures myself and its been a learning experience since. This past Christmas I bought myself a used Nikon D90 and once I learned how to use it I started to get pictures to come out the way I had hoped to get them to look someday. Still have a lot to learn but it's getting there. I spend most of my day off early mornings in Whitesbog, catch the sunrise then look for flowers and wildlife to shoot. Has been a very relaxing hobby compared to hobbies I have had in the past. I enjoy shooting flowers, wildlife and lanscapes. No people pictures for me.

Reactions: bobpbx