Browns Mills
Spotted?

Picture 311.jpg.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
These are beautiful, oji. I especially like the reddish leaves (what plant?) against dazzling white, and the thorny vine you so artistically curved across the foreground. The geese are lovely; the contrast between water and snow: stunning.

Thanks!

Glo

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Nice photos, Oji. Looks like the roads were in pretty good shape.

Glo, Those waterfowl are called Tundra Swans. They look like snow geese, but their necks are much longer. They migrate through this area during the winter.

John-

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Nice photos, Oji. Looks like the roads were in pretty good shape.

Glo, Those waterfowl are called Tundra Swans. They look like snow geese, but their necks are much longer. They migrate through this area during the winter.

John-

Thanks, John! Aren't they beautiful? Y'all are fortunate to be able to see that migration.

Glo

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Thanks, John! Aren't they beautiful? Y'all are fortunate to be able to see that migration.

Glo

Glo-

They are beautiful, especially if your fortunate enough to catch them in flight, either cupped for a landing or "running" across the water on take-off. I used see hundreds of them on the back bog at Rockwood a few years ago, when I would duck hunt in January. When no birds were flying, I would just watch the swans and listen to their song. Very melancholy... it usually matches the weather perfectly.

John-