Who Would Ever Think

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Even if out there alone I am always on high alert when I run into people in the woods. You never know what they might do.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Last year I was standing on and photographing the Batsto River bridge near Riders Switch. I saw a guy approaching and as he walked up to me, I realized that I was eyeballing escape routes, and moved off the edge so he couldn't push me off. I hiked up my shirt so he could see the hunting knife on my belt. He was actually very friendly, and told me that he was part of a pinelands stewardship program and invited to me to join. He probably went home and told his wife he met a psycho photographer out in the woods. Met another guy during the snow last year, weekday, as I was leaving the Skit Branch off Glossy Spung Road. He was driving a non-descript car, and he was also somewhat non-descript, but very smiley. Not dressed for the woods. He told me he came "out here" a lot because he liked the peace. Then asked me if I really went into the Skit with the hip waders when it was this cold, and a series of questions. He kept smiling at me the whole time and when I finally left, I watched him as I walked to my car. When you watch movies, or shows, about sociopaths, they behave a lot like that. On the other hand, so do friendly people. Who knows?

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well they did pick a good, remote stretch of road for those shenanigans.
They didn't really sound like LL Bean or REI product testers so I wonder how they discovered 563 ?

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I feel a lot safer in the pines than I ever did during the years I worked in Philadelphia. ;)

But that article doesn't seem to address the big questions... did the victim know the kidnappers? Where was he abducted?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerania
T

Toothy Critter

Wacko's driving trucks into crowds in NYC. Kooks shooting up audiences in movie theatres. Idiots gunning down churchgoers.... I feel safest in the Pines