Who's up for a roadtrip?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Well the Python stuff is way beyond my capabilities.Route XL is more my speed but I have much more then 20 points I want to route.I"ll just make a gpx file of where i want to go and then "eyeball" it and I think my brain can figure out the shortest route faster and cheaper then Rout XL at least straight line anyway.I"ve always went for scenic routes anyway and a few extra miles is no big deal. Scenic Highways site and Google Sightseeing can help me with that. I"ll never have the time till I"m retired anyway and then I"ll hop from campground to campground and probably take a few years workamping and boondocking along the way.Hopefully see most of it by the time I pull into my 8x4x6.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'd like to find a mapping site where you could enter the time you want to drive toward a destination and show , say 3 routes, similar to what google maps does for point to point. AAA told me they were working on it, but that was about 2 year ago.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I'd like to find a mapping site where you could enter the time you want to drive toward a destination and show , say 3 routes, similar to what google maps does for point to point. AAA told me they were working on it, but that was about 2 year ago.
are you saying you want to know how far you can get in a certain amount of time if you were say, driving toward sacramento, CA but you might not necessarily make it all the way?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Yes, to be able to make an overnight reservation; where could I get to driving for 8 hours, etc. headed toward a destination.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Makes sense.I always looked at my route and guesstimated,then since Google Maps came around I check my estimate with thet or while I"m sitting in Shop Rite parking lot I might fiddle around with my vehicle GPSI know 8 hours will get me almost to South carolina,half way across WV or a little ways into Ohio or just about to Kittery maine.