winter on the "mountain"

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
frm12.jpg
frm4.jpg
Hey guys. Been a long time. Here are some nice pics from my trip to the FR mountain this winter.
frm2.jpg
frm9.jpg
frm12.jpg
frm3.jpg

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
Pretty cool bike, do those fat tires make a big difference in the sand?
YES!!!! After a couple years riding a "regular" mountain bike, I became aware of a huge "Fat Bike" culture. For our area here in the pines they are very popular for that exact reason. I highly recommend them. They ride almost as well as the skinny tires on hard pack trails(for the average rider). They are golden on the deep sand roads of the pines. My skinny tires had to be walked through a lot of that. These tires float right over the sand. Keep it in the granny gear and keep pedaling. Your legs are constantly moving but not working hard. Gives you more time to explore. And they ride very well "off trail" as well for the multitude of bushwhackers on this site. As you can tell from my pics they work well in a few inches of snow too. Plus she looks tough as hell perched on her favorite spot. :)

Reactions: John

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
Looks cold.
Funny! The day without the snow was actually way colder. It was during that deep freeze we had for a few weeks. But the snow day was cold too. But both days were a ton of fun though. And in this area that view is unbeatable!!!