Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Looks like it may be warmer than usual with a normal amount of precipitation

nov-jan.png

jan-mar.png

Reactions: smoke_jumper
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Just talked to the oil guy that was fueling the house next door. $5.43 per gallon and he said you won't find it cheaper in the area right now.

If I had cash with me, I would have asked him to top me off. Don't know how true this is or if it's hype and spreading fear, but he said that they're being told that home heating oil availability will be questionable come January.

BTW, he was the owner, if that matters.

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Could be a rough winter, there was a discussion on Bloomberg of a looming diesel and heating oil shortage which is especially bad news for Europe. They said a warmer than usual winter could make a big difference though.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Just looked, from a year ago gas is up about 20cents and diesel is up about 2dollars
I'm on natural gas but I'm sure everything will be up, luckily I have a bunch of firewood

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
High of 74 today, 75 Saturday, 76 Sunday and all the way up to 77 Monday! Then it cools down, but only into the 60's. Wow. Got chiggered (ticked?) yesterday so I just did a thorough permethrin treatment of my shoes and clothes this morning.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
High of 74 today, 75 Saturday, 76 Sunday and all the way up to 77 Monday! Then it cools down, but only into the 60's. Wow. Got chiggered (ticked?) yesterday so I just did a thorough permethrin treatment of my shoes and clothes this morning.
I just got back from a job in a stripped old field and I told the guy with me that we are both probably going to get chigged. No spray in my truck right now and I’m usually not thinking about chiggers on November.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I just got back from a job in a stripped old field and I told the guy with me that we are both probably going to get chigged. No spray in my truck right now and I’m usually not thinking about chiggers on November.
I got November chigged!!! 2 of 4 of us did from This weekend.

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We have had more ticks on us this week than all year. I was digging in the leaves and on the ground quite a bit. No chiggers and we had spray with us :D

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Wick and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Drove to Turnersville this morning at 5:30 and had a slight pushing on the car heading down 55. It seems lighter here.