Wireless router.....

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob,

I actually bought the Belkin N you have and after bringing it home we could not connect using the wireless. Then Jessica pushed the button in on the top of it and it broke. So we took it back and I bought the NetGear and as soon as we plugged it in we connected. Have not had a problem. And for the first time the girls can walk to the street with their iPod Touch's and still connect. On sale for $69.

Guy

I don't have a button on the top, so I can't break it...:)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I don't have a button on the top, so I can't break it...:)

It's on the bottom and recessed, guess they has some issues like Tee did :)

Mines flaking out again, going to get the Linksys tomorrow or maybe some loooong ethernet cable. :argh:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Other than the actual device drivers Windows has everything needed to manage the adapter...

Software implementation works a lot differently than 5 years or so ago. This time I did not have to load a comcast CD and put in IP adresses or user names or anything for my email. All I had to do was tell Windows that Comcast is my internet provider and they went to that site and pulled down everything I needed automatically.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Software implementation works a lot differently than 5 years or so ago. This time I did not have to load a comcast CD and put in IP adresses or user names or anything for my email. All I had to do was tell Windows that Comcast is my internet provider and they went to that site and pulled down everything I needed automatically.

Again, they learned that from Apple :)

Guy