WMA rules and regs

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I'm curious on a specific rule of the WMAs. It involves "wading". From what I understood this was allowed and "swimming" is not. I tried finding it on the website and could not. I found some regs but mostly pertain to hunting. anyone know where I can get this and actually print it out?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Dave,
Here is the law:
§ 7:25-2.9 Swimming

(a) Swimming and bathing are prohibited on all State Wildlife Management Areas except those designated by the Division where a State appointed lifeguard is on duty.

1. No wading is permitted except for the purpose of hunting, trapping or fishing.

2. For the purpose of this section, the use of such devices as vehicle inner tubes, surf boards, inflatable mats or underwater breathing devices commonly known as “scuba” (self contained underwater breathing apparatus) gear shall be considered as swimming or bathing.

To find all laws in NJ easier than using NJ's own legislature website do this:

Google NJ Administrative Code.
Go to lexisnexis link.
Go to environmental rules, then fish and wildlife rules, then wma rules then swimming.
Keep clicking on the folder icon to expand each section.

Have fun.

Scott

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Gabe once again has the answer,not at all eloquent but efficient.If this is the case every PBX hike that ever was was a gross violation of state law.Wading is a constitutional right and swimming is a God given one.
Alfie