Wooden Water Pipes

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
I would prefer cedar versus my cpvc chemical pipes joined together with chemical glue.
The cedar pipes must be on the upper shelf at Home Depot. I didn't see them.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Most likely came from one of the gum swamps in the pines that use to be cedar until they were all removed.

Reactions: Menantico

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
An older plumber I used to work with told me that wood pipes are where the term fire plug comes from. Firefighters would dig down and drill a hole in the pipe, then plug it and rebury when they were done with it. Apparently, stealing water was a big thing too because all you had to do was drill a hole and jam a pipe in and you were good to go.

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
I wonder if having to whittle the wood to join them together is where the term pipe fitter comes from? FYI don’t ever call a pipe fitter a plumber. I made that mistake once. He kind of took offense to it and told me any idiot can be a plumber.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I wonder if having to whittle the wood to join them together is where the term pipe fitter comes from? FYI don’t ever call a pipe fitter a plumber. I made that mistake once. He kind of took offense to it and told me any idiot can be a plumber.
There was a doctor once whose sink got clogged and no amount of Drano would fix it.He finally had to call the Plumber.The Plumber came over,fiddled around under the sink with a pipe wrench fifteen minutes stood up and said it's fixed,that'll be seventy five dollars. The Doctor said "Seventy Five Dollars? I"m a Doctor and I don't make that kind of money!" The Plumber said " When I was a Doctor I didn't make that kind of money either!"

Last edited: