Worst dumping I've ever seen

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm doing plant surveys in Middle Township, Cape May County. I drove a dirt road leading from Pennsylvania Avenue and was suprised to see over 30 piles of trash dumped on the side of the road. This is all within 1/2 mile of a paved road. I've been helping the Forked River Mountain Coalition clean our woods for almost 25 years now, and we have a very clean forest at this stage. I've seen piles of junk, but this road shocked me. There are homes in the area. I don't know how they live with it. What are we, a third world country? Don't answer that. Here is just a very small sample.

1695688625393.png

1695688775169.png

1695688888447.png

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I hate to see these dumpings and I just can’t figure out how anyone could be so despicable to even do these things.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Looks somewhat sketchy there Bob, be careful. Have you applied for a CCW permit yet ?? ;)

It's strange that you were just in that area. I was recently contacted by a woman who wanted to build a house off of Pennsylvania Avenue in Whitesboro at an intersection with a paper street. (maybe access to your dump site) The Township was willing to vacate the street so that she would actually own half of the right-of way. However, they were going to require her to improve the access drive to her proposed home to municipal roadway standards. She was required to provide a fully engineered construction plan for the roadway extension and somehow she got our name. She was willing to everything necessary but couldn't find an engineering firm to help her. I felt bad but I told her that it would not be practical or cost effective for us to do the work because of the travel time, fuel and tolls. I gave her names for three engineers local to her area and wished her luck.

Reactions: MuckSavage

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I was recently contacted by a woman who wanted to build a house off of Pennsylvania Avenue in Whitesboro at an intersection with a paper street. (maybe access to your dump site) The Township was willing to vacate the street so that she would actually own half of the right-of way. However, they were going to require her to improve the access drive to her proposed home to municipal roadway standards.

Very similar to what happened to the original owner of my house. Landlocked parcel at the intersection of two paper streets, the owner would have needed to build one of them out to current standards. But in this case, his parents owned the adjacent property that had road frontage. So, they deeded him a permanent private right of way for a driveway across their land. There happened to be an error in the right of way survey and it took a long conference call with the title insurance company at closing to convince them to write a policy. Ultimately, they agreed with my attorney that it was an obvious typo but it almost killed the deal at the last minute!

Reactions: RednekF350