Yahoo

B

bach2yoga

Anyone else having problems with yahoo? I have not been able to access my mail since Friday, and cannot get into any yahoo groups either.
Renee

ANNM

Dec 3, 2003
YES!!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to ge into my email for two days either.....on Yahoo..
I went to my friends house and used his comp. and I was able to sign on like normal........
I did just ask online Yahoo support about it .....I thought it was my comp though.....and just remembered.......have no email address for them to reply too......UGH

B

bach2yoga

ANNM said:
YES!!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to ge into my email for two days either.....on Yahoo..
I went to my friends house and used his comp. and I was able to sign on like normal........
I did just ask online Yahoo support about it .....I thought it was my comp though.....and just remembered.......have no email address for them to reply too......UGH

thanks for letting me know, Ann. :)

Renee

B

bach2yoga

bach2yoga said:
ANNM said:

thanks for letting me know, Ann. :)

Renee

guess that's what happens in the process of making improvements, huh? a whole lot more storage space on yahoo mail, more and bigger attachments permissible, but ya can't use it!

ITMT, if I am missing any emails that needed a quick answer I can be PMed or at emailed at fiddlinblues@comcast.net

Renee

ANNM

Dec 3, 2003
Darn.......
I just hope I don't lose any emails.......my mother is flying in this week....and me relying on emails.....had her confirmation flight stuff on my email....never printed it out duh..........oh well guess I will use the old telly....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica told me they are changing the yahoo mail look and features, so that may be the problem. I just tried to use mine which I rarely do and I received the below message. They are trying to compete with the new google mail, which is a worry in itself.

"If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from automatically redirecting to a new URL."

Guy

B

bach2yoga

ANNM said:
Darn.......
I just hope I don't lose any emails.......my mother is flying in this week....and me relying on emails.....had her confirmation flight stuff on my email....never printed it out duh..........oh well guess I will use the old telly....

oh no, that's no fun. good luck between automated "operators" and real operators who don't always know what's goin on.... :?

ANNM

Dec 3, 2003
Guy,
Does that mean we can change something or some setting on our comp. to get our mail?

B

bach2yoga

TeeGate said:
They are trying to compete with the new google mail, which is a worry in itself.

"If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from automatically redirecting to a new URL."

Guy

Didn't know about Google's mail. Why is it a worry?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
ANNM said:
Guy,
Does that mean we can change something or some setting on our comp. to get our mail?

I doubt it because I just use a different browser and it still would not work. I think that yahoo does much of their major service work on the weekends because of less traffic. The weekday would effect many more people.

Guy

ANNM

Dec 3, 2003
Wonder why I was able to go onto my email from a friends house......He has Aol.....hmmm
I had no problem at all......just like normal signing in! That was yesterday though....maybe I just got lucky.....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bach2yoga said:
Didn't know about Google's mail. Why is it a worry?

I will look for the article, but google just started a new mail service and they were reading your mail for certain keywords and wanting to give your info out. People started complaining and I am not sure if they are going to continue with that.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Piney,

That Avitar and quote should spark some conversations here :)

Guy

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
TeeGate said:
Piney,

That Avitar and quote should spark some conversations here :)

Guy

I hope not. Sometimes discussing politics on a message board can ignite some very hostile posts.

My Yahoo mail has been work fine. However, they must be performing a cut-over (based on region?)as I had a problem about several weeks ago.

Here's something that may be of interest to web-based e-mail.

As part of Google's mission to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful, we're testing an email service called Gmail.

"Gmail is a free, search-based webmail service that includes 1,000 megabytes (1 gigabyte) of storage. The backbone of Gmail is a powerful Google search engine that quickly recalls any message an account owner has ever sent or received. That means there's no need to file messages in order to find them again.

When Gmail displays an email, it automatically shows all the replies to that email as well, so users can view a message in the context of a conversation. There are no pop-ups or untargeted banner ads in Gmail, which places relevant text ads and links to related web pages adjacent to email messages."

http://www.google.com/gmail/help/screen1.html

http://www.google.com/gmail/help/about.html#cost

B

bach2yoga

TeeGate said:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/03/google_mail_is_evil_privacy/

Don't think I'll be registering for g-mail anytime soon....