You know you're from South Jersey if...

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Someone passed around an e-mail at the office called "You know you're from New Jersey if," with all the references to guys named Tony, big hair, and Bon Jovi, so I thought we could compile a list of South Jersey stuff. Here are a few I thought of...

You give people a dirty look when they call pork roll "taylor ham"

You drink "wooder"

If someone asks you for a lager you hand them a Yuengling

You know what a sneakbox is

You've ever been stuck in sugar sand

There are at least six Wawas within 10 miles of your house

You know what a Wawa is

You know county highways by the route number (539, 571, 537, etc...)

You go to Seaside to stay up all night...and fish on Island Beach

You have friends and relatives who are Pineys

You know what a Piney is

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That is a great list. I especially liked the wawa ones and the staying up all night at seaside fishing. I thought it was just me LOL

Jeff

Oct 25, 2006
you know you're from south jersey if

actually and still counting within three miles of my house there are seven wawas and three seven elevens,used to be eight wawas but they closed it down due to it being robbed almost every night.wooder was exactly how i use to say water back in the early 50's

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I def always say I'm from south jersey, to me there two separate states. I'm not sure why north jerseyians insist on correcting what south jersey people say, even if their not english majors. I know my freshman year at rutgers people would ask me to say "home depot" and then laugh like idiots afterwards, I never understood the big deal. That is a good list I especially like the lager one that is so true.