You really don't want to see this...

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
I know it's not the Pine Barrens, but there is an environmental crises going on in the wilderness in the southwestern United States, near the Mexican border. Illegal aliens are using the trails as routes and leaving behind mounds (and I mean MOUNDS) of litter.
This is happening on a smaller scale here on Long Island, as many illegal aliens are camping in the woods and leaving behind papers, backpacks, food wrappers, human waste, and liquor. The link to the video below.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Crazy! But, like Bob said, why are they leaving all that behind? Lots of backpacks. Seems odd. It seems like they had to move fast, too fast to grab their stuff. Clearly that area has seen many hundreds if not thousands of people passing through.

Jeff

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I saw a documentary not too long ago. They said that what happens is that either 1) they drop their load because of being chased or 2) after the journey, it's so tiring, they leave their crap and continue without it.

supercilious

Scout
Jun 27, 2004
who cares about the enviromental impact, i think the economic impact means alot more. I know people who actually lost jobs to illegal immigrants, and i dont mean just "mexicans". They are making $13 an hour plus, they dont work for min. wage or some political statement for $2 an hour. They work, and will strike for a wage higher, it still benefits the employer paying someone legally $15 an hour, they can cut out wage taxes, insurances, and score alot more money that way. Even if you hire four illegals, pretend three of them are legal, the savings from #4 benifits more then hiring legals. Especially in farm labor, any questions about drop in payroll can be excuses as "more mechinization". Also the topic they work harder, is outright foolish, they are pocketing straight cash, let the employer pay whatever taxes they want, but the illegal do not file income taxes, they are Mary Thompson from Wyoming on the fake SS#, they have no consequences from not paying, what are you going to do? Are you willing to deport them, and when they come back after being here 10 years, the first day they are back they are now Joe Huckabee from Maine for the next ten years. College kids, HS Kids, older unemployed can make a living on even on seasonal jobs, and they want them. This can go on, and on about it, but the economic costs mean more then any enviromental impact, without mentioning criminal activities.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Not to mention how they've ruined many communities here on Long Island, like Farmingville, which used to be a nice peaceful community. Now it's plauged by gang crime, overcrowded houses, and groups of 100 or more "day laborers" who clog the roadsides.
I'm sick of people calling them immigrants. They snuck into our country illegally and break the law, hence they are criminals. I know it's not as bad in NJ, but because of rampant construction and "yuppies" from the city moving out east, jobs are abundant for illegals, and the government just looks the other way as illegals are employed as landscapers, contractors, heck, even the food court at Tanger Outlet (another monstrosity development) uses them.
I have a simple saying.... DON'T SUPPORT....DEPORT (and arrest those who hire and harbor illegal aliens)

supercilious

Scout
Jun 27, 2004
I am all for deportation, and i mean everyone from anywhere only if they are not legal. Living here on a farm, we have neighbor farmers from China, and know some Koreans, i mean legit off the boat farmers, and legal (but i do question how they get the start up money). They are here for the chance, and WOW they work hard, and being smart about things, they make money, and i mean ALOT OF MONEY. Im assuming, but i it seems they can make double or more from 100 acres, then a grain type mechanized farmer in NJ ,who also does some small type stuff (50 acres or less) in other crops, but doing atleast 1000 acres with 900 in grains. These Asians have labor, and pay labor, and make alot of money, its sure its about their crops, and demand for it (asian crops in normal american stores, but also to asian stores in the cities), but i say hey, they pay taxes so its cool with me. I know Germans wont do the work, because i read news from Germany, and the UK (they have english sites), i cant give the exact number, but its near 80% of Germans who never hold one job until they are 30 years old. You are talking about people living in their own apartment, going out and drinking, and enjoying life on a social check. As for Mexicans, i have had bad experience after bad experience, not to get into details, but tresspassing with guns, and saying they will use them on me, i mean ridiculous. Maybe i ran into alot of bad mexican seeds, but my experience forms my opinion. Besides fixing the borders, why not create college degrees in farming, and if you graduate you get some cash for a land purchase, just restrict you selling the land for 15 or so years, with a check on making sure YOU farm it. That would do alot for stopping development, and allow people to be their own boss by farming, a chance 99% dont have unless they are children of farmers.