Aerial Video of Forked River Mountain Area

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
They'd have to know where to look.I think I'd have more to fear from a heat seeking drone at night.The chance that one would pick me out in the daytime is very remote but a heat signature would be more visible at night,especially if I had a fire. I don't doubt they have the capability to see my illegals camp but they'd have to know where it was and when I"d be there.The barrens is a big place and I don't make a blaze orange camp.A Hammock with a camo tarp strung over it is about the size of it.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
There's no aerial interest in tree top footage so I think you're safe. However I can see that this may become an issue in the future at popular locations.

As I posted, there now is a ban in the National Parks, and the violations have begun. Folks need to act responsibly or there will most likely be more such bans. I've been there and I just can't imagine doing what this guy did.

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/...cle_56f181dc-d06e-5fec-b8db-c350fd724171.html

30733373.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Isn't the spot where WaretownMike launched his drone actually private property?

Don't know, the area has protected, state and pvt land. The map on the coalition site isn't very clear as to what the mt is. It is shown a light green with no key for that color. Bob should know. In any case it doesn't have the protection national parks have. :D

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
The legislation for this is going to be interesting to say the least. People could technically launch a drone from a public or private area and fly it over a state park. This will come down to who controls the airspace or "air rights". Personally I would not want a few drones flying around at a National Park. However, I also feel that as a tax payer I have the right to photograph or take video of these national treasures. I think a good compromise would be to have a an "open" day where people could fly their drones, or kites, or whatever in the park (within safe limits). All other days could be restricted. Maybe just 4 days per year and if you can't get there with your drone on those particular days, then you are SOL