Beer (again)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I am not happy with this beer (but the album is a great classic). I actually poured a bottle down the sink. Say, isn't that a sin in Ocean County NJ?

NOBEER2.JPG

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Oh, I had not checked this thread in a while.

I went out to my favorite restaurant in New York City, Duke's. I have made friends with the bartender there so I wanted to say goodbye as well as have a few PBR's with my former co-workers.

Are you leaving a former place of employment for a better position elsewhere? Whats going on? I did not see you mention anything else about this.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
No one got the last one. It was Michelobs Honey Lager, and down the sink she went. Way too sweet. Now this one is darn good to me. A pale ale. Extra points if you can tell me something about the album.

MEDIUMALE.JPG

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I was completely stumped on that last one. I'm a little surprised because regular Michelob is half decent it seems to me they tried to get cute with the honey.

The Album- absolutely not a clue- damn man!
The beer- Saranac Pale Ale- nah that aint it!

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Drat! Forgot about the internet. What I was hoping you say is that the Small Faces was the first seed of The Faces, which led to Rod Stewart's success.

Rod replaced Steve Marriot who joined Humble Pie and their guitarist went on to have a pretty decent career himself.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Wasnt a member when this thread took place, but have to add some to the list. Let me start by saying more people should listen to Faces.. start with the song "Glad and Sorry." As for quenching one's self:

If the money is good Im reaching for a Belgium Ale (Chimay, Corsendock, La Chouffe, and Leffe make my list).

Second choice I usually go German (Weiss or not): Paulaner, Spaten (the dark Optimator), or Franziskaner.

If its a chilly night a porter or stout works well: Otter Creek Stovepipe Porter followed by any other micro porters.

If its summer: Try a Long Trail Blackberry Wheat (crisp, cool, and not sweet at all).

Fall: Grab any array of Octoberfests

If Im poor: PBR, High Life, Natty Light, Keystone Light

Hard Stuff: Jack, Knob Creek, or Makers Mark (Bookers is too expensive)

Vino: The stuff made in my backyard.. Im sure Ill end up sharing this with some of you, but have yet to met any of you yet. Looking forward to it.
CHEERS!!!

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Bob looks like you have a good collection of vinal. When I was a kid I used to go through my moms albums to look at the cover art. Any one ever try arogent bastard beer? Real bad! Not a big fan of micro brews, alot seem to have a funky taste. Yuengling all the way!

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Any one ever try arogent bastard beer? Real bad! Not a big fan of micro brews, alot seem to have a funky taste. Yuengling all the way!

I like it, but Id find something better at that price. Many micro breweries seem to taste fresher to me, but its all about personal preference. I went to college at Kutztown, PA which is about 15 min form the Yuengling brewery. Thats all we had most of time. Their black and tan and porters are decent for the dollar. The lager is just ok in my opinion, but perhaps thats because I had my fill of it.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Hewey said:
Any one ever try arogent bastard beer? Real bad! Not a big fan of micro brews, alot seem to have a funky taste.

Hewey, my man. You were warned. From the label:

This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or the sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Have you tried this one yet? It's La Chouffe's Winter brew. We finally found some for sale in Philly and bought a case to split.

"The mouth of a truly contented man is filled with beer"
~ Inscription found in Ancient Egyptian ruins

2dwenhl.jpg

I may have.. are there two gnomes in the snow? Theres quite a few of them nowadays.. all get an A+. Boy, a case must hit the wallet hard.