Here comes the hot weather

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Not a single drop of rain here. I'm hoping the predicted scattered thunder storms of today arrive. I could really use the rain. Looks like tomorrow is even a better chance of getting some of the wet stuff.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
We had some good rain with some T&L last night, similar t0 a couple of days ago. Humidity is 93%, but it is a bit cooler. The Tiger skeeters are loving it and have been out in force the past 2 weeks; vicious little devils that love my blood type.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Sprinkles here this morning, not enough to register on my rain gauge. But there's another big front heading our way now, let's see if this one breaks up....

front.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sometime around 11PM to midnight I would think; however, it already looks like it is falling apart somewhat.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Cool. It looks like we will get something this time, maybe not a lot though. I was using them back in the 90's when it was run by the University Of Michigan. It wasn't a website back then, you had to use a terminal and connect to their servers with the telnet protocol where you would get a menu of choices. It really was like the "underground" back then. :)

I still like the site, but it shows me way to many "Dinner with Barack" and "Obama Birthday Party" ads these days when I look at the radar. ;)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I still like the site, but it shows me way to many "Dinner with Barack" and "Obama Birthday Party" ads these days when I look at the radar. ;)

I know what you mean, they are a bit like cow pies; spread all over :D

Looking like a good rain day today.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
This is a Dual Pol-based Storm Total Rainfall image for Friday, July 20th.Love the Names of things The radar estimate of nearly 5 inches in portions of southeast Burlington and southernmost Ocean Counties was fairly close, based on the five and one-half inches of rain that fell in New Gretna.
rain new gretna.jpg

Shared from
Jingles Bait and Tackle

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Figures! I am working on my cars brakes today and will not be out in the barrens. Unless .... maybe when I am done :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
The radar estimate of nearly 5 inches in portions of southeast Burlington and southernmost Ocean Counties

We sure missed out on that party; 1/2 inch on Thursday night was all we got. Better than nothing, but I didn't notice any significant rise in the creek level. It is a nice morning though, and the cool weather was a nice change yesterday. I had to dig my sweat shirt out the closet last night. :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Maybe, but it looks like a lot of other storms that have broken up into little pieces when they get here. NWS says 40% chance of 1/10 inch or less...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It does look like this one is holding up, and in fact it looks more ominous than a few hours ago. Let wait and see!

Guy