Man Goes Missing During Hunting Trip

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
He may not be that far out there. Sounds like he was scouting something out. Even if confused, if he walked in a straight line, he would have hit one of these roads. That is a dense area, and I've walked out on a straight line myself a couple years ago.

WG.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Is anyone going tomorrow? I talked with his daughter-in-law and most likely will be searching tomorrow. I am going down there now to scout out a plan for myself and to get the exact location on my GPS on where his truck was.

Guy

Reactions: Advocate

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
My name is Debbie Zeldin and I'm the daughter in law of the missing NJ man, Barnett Zeldin. The family and a few friends have been searching the woods every day. You're right, we aren't really knowledgable of the area and/or qualified to lead a search. But, we refuse to stand by and do nothing when the NJSP aren't out there searching! We have been notified that the NJSP will be out there searching again on Sunday. Some of you who know the area and have mentioned wanting to help search. If you are serious about helping, please call me at (480) 570-0722. Barry's son Glenn and I are out from AZ and his daughter April and her husband Dave are here from Kentucky helping to search. Please help us!!

Debbie, If they aren't yet involved in the search, you might contact the Ocean County Sheriffs Dept.. I have included a link to their info. They do have bloodhounds and are available 24/7. Best wishes for a happy resolution.

http://www.co.ocean.nj.us/ocsheriff/ContentPage.aspx?ID=b92abd63-b199-41e4-8253-9c060da8d16f

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Did the fellow hunters in his club help look for him? I heard he parked on beaver dam but which side does he hunt. That woods you either bushwack or walk hunter/animal trails. It would seem unlikely a person hunting would bushwack.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
After taking a ride down there and not finding the location I was told to go to, I headed home and was again in contact with Debbie and another family member. It turns out it is not Beaver Dam Road he was on, it is FAA Tower Road. His truck was found along this road and there currently is different color streamers at the exact location. The pointer is not the exact location, just for reference.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.75217274018717&lng=-74.39520962509152&z=17&type=hybrid&gpx=

I missed out tonight but if anyone is interested they are meeting at the Warren Grove firehouse tomorrow morning at 9 AM to search again. I will try to make it. I have my own idea's on how to search but I suspect the area around the truck location has been searched pretty well. It may be a good idea to find out the locations they think have been covered and going to the firehouse is the best idea.

Guy

Debbie Zeldin

Oct 19, 2013
I have contacted the Ocean County Sheriff's Office and they informed me that dogs can only be requested by other police. For anyone wanting to help search we are meeting at the Warren Grove Fire Co at 1475 Rt 539 at 9:00 am in the morning (Sunday). Any questions call Debbie Zeldin at (480) 570-0722z

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I've got grandson duty till noon tomorrow Guy. I can be there after that.

Okay Bob. I will make grids and place them on a GPX file and email them to you. You can decide if you want to use them or not. Again, I am not sure the exact location on the road it is so I will make them all around the area.

Guy

Debbie Zeldin

Oct 19, 2013
Guy and Bob - Glenn and Dave taped a missing poster to a tree/bush on the side of the road where Barry's blazer was found. We have been searching in another area 5 miles northwest of where the blazer was parked.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
When heading to the poster site, was his stand on the right side of the road or left?

Or, was it on the poster side or the other side of the road?

Debbie Zeldin

Oct 19, 2013
We are meeting at the fire station at 9:00, then first heading to the area of the tree stand and where his vehicle was found. We then can search other areas, including the one 5 miles northwest. If you have questions you can always call or text me at the above number. Thanks!

Debbie Zeldin

Oct 19, 2013
Ok, I guess I was misinformed. It's on a tree on the left when you make a left onto what my husband believes is FAA road. The site is a half mile down on the right. There's yellow police tape and red tape tied to the trees and/or bushes on the right side. His blazer was I'm between the two.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Debbie, my name if Jeff and I am a friend of Guy and Bob. I have some obligations tomorrow but I am going to try to get out to aid in the search. I may arrive before the 9am meeting time so I will just go to the location (if that is the case) and start from there. I will have your number with me.

If you see a green ford bronco at the location, that is mine. My sympathy for you and your family for being faced with this situation.

Jeff

Debbie Zeldin

Oct 19, 2013
Guy, Bob and Jeff...(859) 516-8033 is the number for Dave, my brother in law. His cell will work out there and mine won't. If you need to reach me after 9:00 am, please call his number. Thank you so much!!! Debbie