brookbrae question?

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
I was driving out to apple pie hill last week via Savoy/Pasadena/Mount Misery area. I stopped a few places along the way to explore. Beautiful area. I was wondering if one of the awesome Piney map masters on this site had coordinates to brookbrae? Couldn't locate it. Please help. Plan on going back out that way in two weeks. Would love to stop in and feel the history.
Thanks

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
There used to be a thread here with directions to popular locations like this. Ben took it down, and I think it was decided that we should not share exact coordinates in the forums.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I will offer a hint.
The location that you seek appears in more than one of the NJPB Maps and on more than one of the Historic Maps that Ben has provided.

May the force be with you.
:)

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
I choose to accept this mission. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Different movie. Both great though. Hahaha
Thanks Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I choose to accept this mission. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Different movie. Both great though. Hahaha
Thanks Boyd

That is the best way. It is always nicer to know you found the place on your own. I searched for it for a while back in 1973 and in the end my mom told me where it was. Nice, but not as nice if I had found it.

Reactions: MarkBNJ

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
:(The problem with progress. You put a road so close to an important piece of history and it gives humanity the opportunity to disappoint us all.

Reactions: Teegate

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
I was just there this weekend. I love it, even with the graffiti. I don't however like the garbage. Next time I go, I'll bring a garbage bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glenn Walters

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was just there this weekend. I love it, even with the grafitti. I don't however like the garbage. Next time I go, I'll bring a garbage bag.

I like the new roof on your uncles place.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
If I was visiting the site for the first time I might be able to see the history through the grafitti but It's been almost thirty years since my first visit and I find it painful to view now.

Reactions: Boyd

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
I like the new roof on your uncles place.
It's not really new we replaced some of it that was leaking. I was just talking about you the other day. I took a friend out to show around the place and I showed them the you know whats, you know where hahahahaha. I also was a Raven's place recently and she had a cool old map and a few pictures from way back when.

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
If I was visiting the site for the first time I might be able to see the history through the graffiti but It's been almost thirty years since my first visit and I find it painful to view now.

A few years ago, I was deeply saddened by the graffiti on the front of the place because there were some obscenities ect....but this new stuff on the back was didn't seem to be done with anger or malicious intent so I guess it didn't freak me out as much. I could be wrong but it didn't offend me as much.

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
I forgot to say this before. There is now a painting on the tree marking the entrance. Bark colored paint would cover that up. As well, there was bright colored tape all over the place. Not sure why but I took some down at the entrance. No reason to advertise................