Where is this?

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Gibbs forgive me if I misread what you meant. The foundation on the Jones road south of Webbs is eureka gun club. Which according to the tax map is owned by the forked river mountain coalition. Last time I was down that road the area of the club it was all posted. I thing bob is a member and maybe can shed some more light on the subject.

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Gibbs forgive me if I misread what you meant. The foundation on the Jones road south of Webbs is eureka gun club. Which according to the tax map is owned by the forked river mountain coalition. Last time I was down that road the area of the club it was all posted. I thing bob is a member and maybe can shed some more light on the subject.

Yes, if that is the location Gibby meant. We purchased that land (30 acres) about 5 years ago. The foundations there are smaller than what I posted, and older. In Jersey Genesis, Beck visited the buildings in it's hunting heyday, but I think Britton lived there many years before that.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Can you tell me a little about the area west of GSP, specifically Bryant Road in the Forked River Mt. vicinity. Was that area logged in the past?....
just asking.
Well, here's the thing about this road; a big clue. This foundation is pretty large, and is about 100 feet or slightly less from a road. It is very easily seen from the road in winter if you happen to be going slow or stopped for a moment. The road is a sand road and still able to be easily traveled "to a point where you must turn around". But my guess is that most people go right by this road because they know they will not get very far on it. Another clue; it's very likely more people knew about it years ago, but since they no longer use the road, they've forgotten all about it.

:)
school or church quickly come to mind..... still working on it.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Can you tell me a little about the area west of GSP, specifically Bryant Road in the Forked River Mt. vicinity. Was that area logged in the past?.....

I think they logged it for charcoal in the 1800's. They are still logging Cedar from the North Branch of the Forked River to this day, which Bryant road crosses.

Terry, if you are looking east of 539, you are barking up the wrong tree. If no one gets this by early this evening, I'll give a super strong clue.....bob

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
My first post to this site, thanks to the administration for allowing me on board,. I've learned a lot and am often amused by coming here. Is this site just north of 72, just a bit east of a railroad bridge? If it isn't can anyone tell me what that place used to be? Part of it looks like a campground.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ninemile, you'll have to be more specific. It sounds like you are talking of the old pig farm--if this is only a few hundred yards north of 72.

That is not my foundation.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Okay boys and girls, here is the clue. I'll be looking for the exact location of the foundation.

1231gate.PNG

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
The spot I'm at is about a half mile east of Savoy Blvd. Used to be a pig farm? Any more info available? Thanks.

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
Thanks for that. Reminds me of when Rte. 55 was being built, I was on a survey crew. Dozers were stripping and stockpiling topsoil, they exposed thousands of knives, forks, spoons and a ton of those tiny glass cream bottles they used to give you for your coffee. I was told it was an old pig farm. I thought they were busting my chops so I told them while I wasn't exactly a farmer I never saw a pig eating with silverware. They explained it to me in detail but they never did think I was all that bright after that.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It must be the same design because I just looked at my photo of Pine Cone Antlers and they are very similar.

Reactions: PINEY WARDEN