Where is this?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob I want to say that is Glendora but I feel it's wrong. I have definitely seen it before.

You are definitely correct!

glendora.PNG

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
This location is off the beaten path but not by much. I am sure someone has passed it at one time or another. The plate reads "GBC est 1937". Where am I?

IMGP4348.jpg-1.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Turtle was there and sent me a photo of it on 6/30/13. She took the photo 2 years before that. A member here who no longer posts knew all about the place.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Turtle was there and sent me a photo of it on 6/30/13. She took the photo 2 years before that. A member here who no longer posts knew all about the place.

I would have thought it would have been more difficult to identify, but yes the small post is one of the random and very interesting artifacts that one can come across. It can be found near a turn-a-round past Cutts along the Oswego. There is nothing else in the area to indicate that there was once anything there besides a small clearing.

-Was this location used as a retreat?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would have thought it would have been more difficult to identify, but yes the small post is one of the random and very interesting artifacts that one can come across. It can be found near a turn-a-round past Cutts along the Oswego. There is nothing else in the area to indicate that there was once anything there besides a small clearing.

-Was this location used as a retreat?

I believe it was a gun club. Hopefully the answer will show up one day. I would think it means G??? Buck Club.

The photo's I was sent also has that bottle in it. It is not my photo or I would post it.

Jessica and I spent some time looking for it but I was not given GPS cords and the directions must have been slightly off.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Still don't have the GPS coordinates.... but check this out. This is my photo from July 2011. Guy is correct... Note the similarities in the photos....
The sign has a little more rust, but there is still a Heineken bottle keeping it company.... :) Gibby, if you took coordinates, could you share with Guy for his research. Many thanks.
Terry

102_2699 (681x1024).jpg
102_2700 (1024x681).jpg
102_2700 (1024x681).jpg

Reactions: Gibby

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Everyone should be very careful around there. The tax records at that point are unclear but the Shore Stone and Sand Company and the Jersey Central Power and Light own on each side.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ed,

I believe you and I were there together years ago. Do you remember that?