Nash's Cabin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

This website among other things is dedicated to learning about the history of the pine barrens, and when something shows up that does just that it would be negligent of me if I did not let all of you know about something that you all should read. I was hoping that the author of the article would have mentioned it by now but he has not. So, I am taking it upon myself to give you the opportunity to learn something that very few individuals know about. I am speaking of the true facts concerning the mysterious Nash's Cabin. Our very own member "Oriental" has obviously researched this subject in depth, and will present you with text and photo's, one of the cabin itself when standing, which will clear up the question if the famous author Ogden Nash really owned the place or spent time there. Along the way he will go back in time and tell us even more about the mysterious area in the pine barrens that is called Nash's Cabin.

There are various ways to get the article.

You can purchase it on Amazon at this link. Included is a small article written by our very own Spung-man's daughter as well as other articles.

https://www.amazon.com/Sojourn-Thom...66039084&sr=8-1&keywords=sojourn+south+jersey

Or you can purchase it at Smithville (Burlington County) and at the bookstore in Rancocas.

If you do not know about Nash's Cabin do some searching on this website and read the various posts over the years. They will surely peak your interest and help you make a decision on buying the publication or not.

Guy

flash

Scout
Jul 25, 2009
All,

This website among other things is dedicated to learning about the history of the pine barrens, and when something shows up that does just that it would be negligent of me if I did not let all of you know about something that you all should read. I was hoping that the author of the article would have mentioned it by now but he has not. So, I am taking it upon myself to give you the opportunity to learn something that very few individuals know about. I am speaking of the true facts concerning the mysterious Nash's Cabin. Our very own member "Oriental" has obviously researched this subject in depth, and will present you with text and photo's, one of the cabin itself when standing, which will clear up the question if the famous author Ogden Nash really owned the place or spent time there. Along the way he will go back in time and tell us even more about the mysterious area in the pine barrens that is called Nash's Cabin.

There are various ways to get the article.

You can purchase it on Amazon at this link. Included is a small article written by our very own Spung-man's daughter as well as other articles.

https://www.amazon.com/Sojourn-Thom...66039084&sr=8-1&keywords=sojourn+south+jersey

Or you can purchase it at Smithville (Burlington County) and at the bookstore in Rancocas.

If you do not know about Nash's Cabin do some searching on this website and read the various posts over the years. They will surely peak your interest and help you make a decision on buying the publication or not.

Guy
I have been to the book store in Rancocas as recommended by Jerseyman, especially since it is located down the road from where I reside. I was surprised to see the nice collection of New Jersey based books he had for sale. The owner was very inviting and enjoyed spending time discussing a little about New Jersey history.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

We returned to the Buck Run area this morning to again photograph the monument for the property that Nash owned. The last time we were there my card failed on me. The monument has been knocked over and is just sticking above the ground.

IMG_0242a.jpg

IMG_0244a.jpg

It is interesting to note that it appears a more recent survey in 1986 disputes the Wharton survey teams findings. This survey shows the property line being off 53 feet at this location.

survey.jpg

The Buck Run bridge still is in very poor shape. I am not driving across it even though everyone else seems to be. Just my luck I would go through.

Guy

Last edited: