Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
A powerful response from one Jack McGinnis, a donor from the Go Fund Me page:

The Pinelands Preservation Alliance has influenced State employees and agencies to favor their for profit business "Pinelands Adventures" while putting others at a disavantage like "Cowboy Joe's Canoe Rental" owned by US Veteran Michael Martin. Mr. Martin has come forward that the PPA, Pinelands Adventures, and State employees have first pressured him to sell his business to Pinelands Adventures and when that failed are actively trying to have his State contract revoked. The PPA which works in tandem with the DEP and it's sub-agencies dictates how regulations for the State Parks, The Pinelands Commission and even the newest updates to CAFRA. This influence is to primary benefit it's for profit entity and their lawyer and engineer donors. When the PPA hired Rob Ferber of Linvilla Orchards, of Media PA. It was clear that they intended to use this for profit arm to create an ecotourism industry and dominate it. Mr. Ferber is a big league Ecotourism Director, not someone to manage a sleepy mom and pop canoe rental. Local family businesses have been depressed by the State since the Pinelands became effective in 1979 and now they face competition from a non profit with unlimited resources, influence, and funds available to it. While bringing tourist to the Pine Barrens is something that businesses and local governments have been begging for years the PPA has stack the deck in its favor and wants nothing less than total control of the region. As many have scuffed at this prediction since the road closure debate everything is happening as predicted

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
If they get there way micks, bel-haven and wading pines are next the PPA shouldn't have this kind of influence on the state yet they do. Something needs to be done about the ppa and there bs

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
The have no shame. to do this to a veteran is disgraceful and on the cusp of the weekend we celebrate memorial day.it is a slap in the face of all who have served our country.

Reactions: NJChileHead

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was told about this a while back and have been following it as have a few others here. I have heard that the state is maybe looking at all of their contracts but this incident seems pretty suspicious.

Reactions: mowergod

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
I was told about this a while back and have been following it as have a few others here. I have heard that the state is maybe looking at all of their contracts but this incident seems pretty suspicious.
It's very suspicious indeed and more so with the atsion operation than any other

Reactions: mowergod

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I have heard that the state is maybe looking at all of their contracts

They can look to their hearts content, but they have a contract that is in place, it appears for another 3 years. Coercion to sell property is illegal, as is threatening to cancel an existing contract in favor of another, unless the current vendor has broken a clause in the existing contract.

Perhaps the PPA is just trying to be a good neighbor :jd:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They can look to their hearts content, but they have a contract that is in place, it appears for another 3 years.

A contract means nothing if the state doesn't want him there.

This incident is not something that any of us should take lightly. When the state wants their way it takes a major push back to change their opinion as we all know. We should follow this debocle closely.

Last edited:

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
We need the names of the state employees involved with this. The Cowboy should be taping any discussions he has with them.
I'm not sure about taping but I know Mike has names. I've been following this for over a year. There's a lot of info not making it to the public and even this thread. I don't feel it's right for me to share some of the details that I know since there are people here that are more involved with this. Last year the PPA could have easily worked with Mike so all could benifit. Squeezing Mike out only shows their greed.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry about some of my misspelled words above. My spell checker just throws in words I don't want. I have fixed some of them.