157817953.jpg

130059676.jpg

111152785.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Gorgeous!Headed to WV last week of September for vacation.Bought a new camper and have never camped this soft before.Momma says her tent days are over and we needed a dog house on wheels since the one dog has seizures if she don't get her meds every day which means she has to go on vacation too.Momma trusts no one else. A 13,000 dollar dog house.Good grief! I"m happy with a hammock and tarp.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Bought a new camper and have never camped this soft before.

We have been looking around as well, similar reason, dog comes along. Been looking at teardrops and were going to head out to Harrisburg for the big RV show coming up, but its a bit far to go for a look. Want something that will handle rough dirt roads. Got Katahdin in the back of my mind ;)

What size did you get?

Reactions: manumuskin
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Nice. When we were seasonal at Wading Pines, we had a 2010 Jayco Jayflight 26BH. We stopped seasonal camping several years ago, sold the Jayco and got a Forest River R-Pod a couple years ago. Much smaller, but a much easier tow with my Tacoma.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
We have a 2017 Forest River Mini Lite 2507s. A great layout for us. Not too long at 25 feet but a really wide slide. Even the Great Dane looks small in it. It has a Murphy Bed and when folded up we have a couch and lots of floor space.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Hershey RV show starts Wednesday, going Sat/Sun with some friends who are looking at R-Pods
How do you like it?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
We have been looking around as well, similar reason, dog comes along. Been looking at teardrops and were going to head out to Harrisburg for the big RV show coming up, but its a bit far to go for a look. Want something that will handle rough dirt roads. Got Katahdin in the back of my mind ;)

What size did you get?
I believe it's 22 ft.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Hershey RV show starts Wednesday, going Sat/Sun with some friends who are looking at R-Pods
How do you like it?

It's nice, but not without it's issues. Nowadays, there are no campers that are perfect out of the factory, unfortunately. Ours is the RP-180, as we wanted the full dry bath as opposed ti the wet bath models that have the toilet in the shower.

Our model suits the two of us just fine.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
If you don't mind me asking, why did you stop seasonal camping? I'm just curious, because I realize when people secure a site, they usually stay for the long haul.

We were there several years and enjoyed the people. The owner is a real b. Never friendly to her campers. Then she continued to shorten the season an reduce the amount of quality entertainment that brought us there.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when I lost my job of almost 30 years. At that point, I just couldn't justify the $4k for the season, so we pulled out. We sold the trailer because we needed the money.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Thanks Nascar, sorry to hear that about your job. If that camping place is the one I'm thinking of, yes, the quality and attitude has deteriorated.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I actually met several of you guys thru the fence of Wading Pines Campground years ago when we were seasonal. I don't recall who and all was there.

I remember that too. I can't recall the year, otherwise I could tell you who was there besides Guy and I. They used to let us use the grove behind the rec hall next to the stream. Last year they absolutely insisted we sit at the rec hall. This really annoyed me since we were using the grove for the past 11 years! They gave no reason, and refused to hear that we never created a problem, cleaned up after ourselves, and left around 10 PM at the latest.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The one's we have looked at are a bit smaller. I think the 2 of us and a 100lb pooch will fit :D

This is a Camp-Inn brand raindrop. 10ft long, 5ft wide, has an off-road option.
c112.jpg
This would be a much easier haul.I am so afraid I am going top wind up some where on a dirt road in the mountains and for some reason have to turn around.What do you do on a mountain road with a 22 ft camper and you have to turn around? I could actually drop this camper,pick up the tongue and whel it around 180 myself.then turn around and pick it back up:)

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I remember that too. I can't recall the year, otherwise I could tell you who was there besides Guy and I. They used to let us use the grove behind the rec hall next to the stream. Last year they absolutely insisted we sit at the rec hall. This really annoyed me since we were using the grove for the past 11 years! They gave no reason, and refused to hear that we never created a problem, cleaned up after ourselves, and left around 10 PM at the latest.

Yep, that sounds about right. She's forced so many regulars out of there. She has a gold mine in the campground, if she would only run it properly.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
This would be a much easier haul.I am so afraid I am going top wind up some where on a dirt road in the mountains and for some reason have to turn around.What do you do on a mountain road with a 22 ft camper and you have to turn around? I could actually drop this camper,pick up the tongue and whel it around 180 myself.then turn around and pick it back up:)

Looks similar to the Tab trailer. If all you're looking for is a place to sleep that's off the ground and not a tent, it's perfect. Also, pop-ups are worth considering for their size and weight.

If money is no object, consider an A-Liner.