Cumberland County Arrowheads

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Another one I found today,front and back.My buddy found four arrowheads,one trade pipe made by Europeans (the bowl in perfect shape) and we found a fresh hole dug by a pothunter.He jumped into it and started looking at the wal,seen a dark spot and started scratching and pulled out a perfect tomahawk with knapped edge on one edge and a brainer end at the other.I only found the one shown here
PS this was found in the creek at the Honey Hole!

Attachments

• IMG_7729.JPG
    IMG_7729.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 383
  • IMG_7730.JPG
    IMG_7730.JPG
    719.9 KB · Views: 389

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Found another today.My buddy found nine broken points and 3 whole points two of which are gorgeous.maybe if He posts them on facebook I"ll post em here.water was up and visibility down but He was on a roll today. he always is.

Attachments

• IMG_7731.JPG
    IMG_7731.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 350
  • IMG_7733.JPG
    IMG_7733.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 360

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Where does he get his talent Al?
His Dad was into it as well but I think Jr taught himself.He told me I move too fast.I walked a whole field in two hours while He moved maybe 50 yards.I found a few flakes and a couple pieces of pottery.he found six arrowheads a couple pipe stems,pottery,flakes and a partial tomahawk.Also he is very good at picking mostly buried points out which is how most are,very seldom do you find them totally exposed except in creek hunting which is what we've been doing a lot of lately.If you know any clear streams with sandy/gravelly bottoms near high ground,especially if the stream is big enough to canoe and thats a prime spot.Creek is up now and visibility is down,first time the Honey Hole disappointed me but jr got his share sraping the bottom with a trowel in a very shallow area and letting the stream clear.he literally found four sitting in one spot in two inches of water and scraping the bottom around Him.I did the same thing and didn't find squat.

Reactions: Teegate and bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Great finds! I am looking forward to finding some myself. I say that now ......

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I found a real purty one today.My Buddy found two and he may post them on facebook later and if He does I"ll steal them and post them here but I"m posting mine now.This was not at the Honey Hole but along a non disclosed section of Menantico Creek.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Okay the site will not let me upload my two jpegs.Is this something new since Ben did site maintenance? Each Pic is about 1.2 megs.Too big?

Yea, that is big. Try and make them smaller .... and if you can't send them to me and I will fix them and upload in your post.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
My buddy is actually the artifact magnet.he finds at least four to my one most days.he was actually scraping dirt into my sifter when I washed the dirt out this arrowhead was there so I sighted it first but it came out of his shovel.Kind of a joint find there.He found two today.A sugar Quartz point and a very small white bird point that was unlike anything either of us have seen before.It was literally smaller then a dime but and actual arrowhead.Found his two also scraping gravel in a sand bluff.