Site Maintenance

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Hi -

Just a heads up, I'm going to be doing some work on the site that will require me taking it offline for a few hours. I'm not exactly sure when that will be (it'll be within the next few days, I imagine) but if you try to go to the forums and see that they're shut and/or not responding, don't panic.

I'm working on migrating all of the NJPB sites to a new, more modern, and secure server.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Are e-mail alerts working Ben? Didn't get any from a private conversation today, although that was a bit inconsistent in the past too.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
They should be working, although I'm having to relay mail through a new service. I've been getting mail from the site.

Edit: Looks like mail to @comcast.net was failing and mail to @icloud.com was having problems too. I made a config change but it may take a little while to take effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
They are using arcgis software, but if you’re talking about the scanned paper maps, they come from the USGS Historical Topographic Map Collection (same source I used for the my historical topo maps)

National Geographic TOPO! was a commercial product based on USGS maps, with shading added to the mountains. It was “seamless” for use on a computer but the historical topo’s are individual maps with collars