RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Weird... sun has been shining here for the past hour. No doubt this will change, but it doesn't look like there will be any rain for another couple hours. Forecast still says 1 to 2 inches tonight.

Also noticed that the Dover AFB radar is back online, more than a month earlier than they had estimated.

sunny.png

Maybe they were using Scotty's technique? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: h2ochild

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My daughter had her sunroof track replaced and this morning it was leaking everywhere. They paid for her rental and it is a Dodge van. She said it is a beast and the best rental car she ever had.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
We got about an inch of rain this morning, then nothing at all after 11:00 AM. Looking at radar, the rain is all in MD/DE/PA and staying West of us, which is very different from the earlier projections. But I suppose the night is still young and anything could happen. :)

Went for a walk around 4:30 PM and it was pretty miserable with the temperature at 75 degrees and humidity at 91%. Can hardly wait for the cold front to arrive!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Rained like a MoFo around 18:00 hours.

Had it starting at 2am, for several hours, clearing and autumn temps this morning and the next week or more, finally :dance:

Might be a good weekend to head northwest, Van Campen Day tomorrow.

https://walpackhistory.org/events/

Van Campen Day – October 14, 2018
Visit the beautiful Sussex county countryside in mid October and experience a taste of what life was like when Walpack was on the edge of the Frontier. Enjoy demonstrations of early crafts and preparing foods. A parade lead by the Colonial Musketeers takes visitors on a tour of nearby historical sites and markers. Refreshments are available at our bookstore, including hot beverages, apple cider, water and donuts and brownies.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Went out at 6AM and it was dry here and I was hoping it would stay that way. Looking out the window of the restaurant as it started to rain. :(

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, breakfast. But we don't do it every morning but if I could I would. I like getting up early and getting out.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
We got about an inch of rain this morning, then nothing at all after 11:00 AM. Looking at radar, the rain is all in MD/DE/PA and staying West of us, which is very different from the earlier projections. But I suppose the night is still young and anything could happen.

Here are the totals from the hurricane. I leave my wheelbarrow outside and it has been a surprisingly accurate measure of rainfall in the past. I was surprised to find almost 4" of rain in it yesterday morning, so that plus the inch we had earlier makes 4 to 5 inches of rain at my place - a lot more than I expected. And this agrees with the rainfall totals from the NWS below. But going just a mile or so to the East, they only got 2 inches.

hurricane.png

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is 45 here at 5:28AM. I heard from someone last evening in tabernacle who said it was 37 at their place already.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is 47 here now at 7:39. Went up two degrees. A warm spell! I went to my moms in Marlton and had breakfast with her and it feels about the same there.