Cold pizza

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Probably following his GPS. You have to give him credit for determination but on the other hand lack of common sense after a brief walk and no house in sight. Glad he's ok with the cold temps that day.

Reactions: RednekF350

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The worst lost driver incident I ever saw was an ambulance with their lights flashing that went barreling through the woods across the street from my house. I was coming out of the woods in the dark after checking my trap line and they had already past my street and were on their way to Miller's Bogs, little did they know.

When I got to my house, I stood in the driveway and within a few minutes they came out of the woods and ran full bore down Pestletown Road toward Chew. That confirmed they weren't looking for my neighborhood. I really think they were trying to GPS shortcut over to old Cedar Avenue, now Wharton Avenue which would get them to the Pike.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
I have quite a few, a couple are:
When I used to live down the street from Scott, my wife and I were coming home in the evening, right where Pestletown goes into the woods at Curry Ave. there was a very well dressed young lady in a dress!? she flagged us down and said she and her husband were stuck "back there" and pointed towards the woods. We went home and grabbed my Toyota with the winch and headed out to her stuck truck, which happened to be a F350 diesel 4x4 similar to Scott's. I was thinking they were out of luck. The "husband" was with the truck and dressed well also. They explained they were looking for a wedding reception which turned out to be in Hammonton! So lucky for them I was able to winch them out by strapping the back of my Yota to a tree for leverage! The interior of the truck was completely flooded above the pedals to the dash! It drained the whole ride out!
The second best (worst?) was on Washington-Quaker Bridge Rd between Mount and Washington Turnpike, back when that road was bad even for a truck to go down. I was cutting across from Mount to go to the Elanor Adams and I came upon a Toyota Yaris with a young couple in it almost sideways in a huge tire rut! I had the same Toyota truck and was able to get around them and pull them back to Old Bulltown-Hawkins Rd where it was solid and not rutted out. They were following their GPS from Wading Pines to get to 206!

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyd and RednekF350

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I have quite a few, a couple are:
When I used to live down the street from Scott, my wife and I were coming home in the evening, right where Pestletown goes into the woods at Curry Ave....
I've pulled three out just in the last 5 years. 2 were following GPS coming from soccer games at Tuckahoe Turf and one wasn't lost, he was just an idiot. On second thought, all three were idiots. :D

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I really don't see how this guy could have become that lost IF he was on Morey Place Rd . There are 2 with the same name in Waretown, one is in the town park. He probably walked down the wrong road on the north side of 532 across from the road he was supposed to use. The north side has 3 un-named 'roads/trails' branching off right from 532. The right most is the driveway that goes to a home, the others into the Waretown wilderness :eek: I'll be down that way today and will see what my GPS shows.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This is Morey Place Road on the HERE map - Garmin gets their data from HERE.

The article said the police received a report of a missing person "in the area of Route 532 and Morey Place Rd", but the place he was looking for was "a residence set back from Wells Mills Road". To me that implies he was in that area between Morey Place and Wells Mill Road.

Seem like it would be tough to get very lost around there. Lots of houses and the noise from Rt 532 should make it pretty obvious where it is. And the Garden State Parkway is pretty close too. This whole story seems odd.... makes me wonder what really happened. ;)

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I pass by there on a weekly basis. I think 46er is on to something. There is a lone house and driveway just to the east of the sand "trail" on the north side of 532. You can clearly see the house in Boyd's link photo

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I spent a cold winter in 1975 delivering pizzas in Bangor Maine when the little theatre I worked at went broke. That was a rough gig... I was the new kid who barely knew his way around town (we didn't even have GPS to blame it on) and they gave me the deliveries that the other guys didn't want. The delivery fee was very small and almost nobody gave you a tip. The worst was delivering to the dorms, where the whole floor put a dozen pies on the same order, so I only got one delivery fee for the trouble.

One night my girlfriend wanted to go with me and after an hour of smelling them, she just HAD to have a pizza! That cost as much as I made all night, so we had a big argument and ended up getting the pizza. :D But - to stay on topic - just about everybody got a cold pizza when I was delivering to the outskirts of town. They gave me a metal box to put in the back seat for the pizzas and put a heated firebrick in the bottom for warmth. That went cold in about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
That long straight 'trail' is the old Tuckerton RR bed.
OK, I just looked at Boyd's link and didn't pan the map. Still, I wonder how one can get "lost" unless he made turns?

To change the subject briefly, following the rr North there is an overgrown clearing with a pond or spung to the left, was this a sandpit or natural? I never explored East of the parkway, thought about it but never did.

Last edited: