And so it goes, and goes

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I was really keen on Atlantic Hills for the past few years. But my daughter would like me closer to her, and I would like it too, because I want to be closer to the grandkids. She is moving into the Sanctuary. But they don't have a lot of senior communities in Medford. I saw a few in Atco, but......:(
Leisuretowne is about 30 minutes away.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
In a few years, this will be the only place where Bob can do some plant finding in his new neighborhood.

NJPineBarrens Maps
Good one Ron! BTW, I have botanized right here on the side of the road. I thought I had found a rarity, a Galium. But, it turned out a dud.

1611707453938.png

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Yes, I am considering that. I do kind of like it because I have access to both sides of the state. But, most of the houses are a bit smaller than I"d like. I also don't like one car garages.
My retired Trooper buddy always called it Seizure Town. For a reason. :D
I can't imagine living around a bunch of wheezy old people. Especially when I get old. And that ain't going to happen. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
My retired Trooper buddy always called it Seizure Town. For a reason. :D
I can't imagine living around a bunch of wheezy old people. Especially when I get old. And that ain't going to happen. :)

I like it. Quiet streets. Little maintenance. Your house is still here when you get back from wherever, etc.

Reactions: RednekF350

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I like it. Quiet streets. Little maintenance. Your house is still here when you get back from wherever, etc.
Consider Holiday Village or Holiday Village East (my current home) in Mount Laurel. Probably costs more than Leisuretown but nicer homes and NOT electric heat. I used to swear I’d never move to a 55+ community, but after having done so, I would do it again in a heartbeat; quiet, very easy living, etc. And a nice ride out to the woods.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Consider Holiday Village or Holiday Village East (my current home) in Mount Laurel. Probably costs more than Leisuretown but nicer homes and NOT electric heat. I used to swear I’d never move to a 55+ community, but after having done so, I would do it again in a heartbeat; quiet, very easy living, etc. And a nice ride out to the woods.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I'm relaxed and happy. It's a home base that doesn't need a lot of care. They mow the lawn, rake the leaves, shovel the snow, etc. I can't tell you how many times I came home to that big yard in Bamber after being in the cedar swamps all day and face the lawn wanting to be mowed again. I was never one to pay someone else to do it. They'd gouge the lawn with the tractors trying to rush the job.

I did notice that electric heat at Leisuretown in the homes I viewed online. Are they all like that? Here, it's gas blown by air, which dries me out. But I keep a big humidifier in the bedroom and it's good.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I'm relaxed and happy. It's a home base that doesn't need a lot of care. They mow the lawn, rake the leaves, shovel the snow, etc. I can't tell you how many times I came home to that big yard in Bamber after being in the cedar swamps all day and face the lawn wanting to be mowed again. I was never one to pay someone else to do it. They'd gouge the lawn with the tractors trying to rush the job.

I did notice that electric heat at Leisuretown in the homes I viewed online. Are they all like that? Here, it's gas blown by air, which dries me out. But I keep a big humidifier in the bedroom and it's good.
I looked at Leisure Town before settling in HVE, and every home I looked at in LT had the electric heat, don’t know if that’s true for all. And your right, it’s nice not having to worry about snow removal, leaf removal and lawn cutting. I’m also not worried about the property when I’m away for extended periods.

Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Speaking of clearings in Barnegat, Does anyone know what is happening with the large clearing on route 9 near this spot?https://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.734742990589325&lng=-74.23668879669188&z=16&type=hybrid&gpx=
I did hear that some 'reasonably' priced apartments (or town homes or homes) were going up. They are trying to get ahead of the man coming to tell them what they need to build to support lower income folk. Not sure if this is the spot, but I'd wager it is.

Reactions: Wick

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Nobody holds first-day shovel ceremonies like Barnegat. And why not, they have enough seniors now paying taxes to also break ground on a new 3 story town hall and police department.

1611855774969.png

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm not really knocking them, I think they are taking advantage of what they've got to move forward. I have to admit, when I was in my 30's I longed for the smell of stick framing going up on my own brand new house. Well, I did put an addition on my house, so I did get that smell after all. This is the framing for the above 16 sites.

When we bought a house in Presidential Lakes in 1965, we got a brand new bi-level for $13,000. I have since disliked bi-levels...I don't think they build them anymore.

1611856114733.png

Reactions: Old Halfway