Fall MAP?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is obvious the state is going to make some changes for access to the pines soon. You should listen to the Regional Roundup 8/9/21 at various podcast locations and form your own opinion. They say a permit system will be coming for off road vehicles which I believe includes motorcycles. Again, this is a must listen if you use the pines.

It is the first 10 minutes of the podcast.

Last edited:

Wildland937

Scout
Aug 24, 2016
New Germany
They have the enforcement, people, and means to do it but the organization seems not wanting to be bothered with it. Especially when certain individuals openly say they don't want to enforce specific regulations and have ties and close interaction to many of the problems occurring in the pines. Its funny what you can learn by just listening to conversations... :rolleyes:

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Spoke well and seemed open minded, guess we'll see. Stakeholder meetings in fall but a draft map this year seems aggressive.
Permit system won't work until they figure out successful enforcement of all the existing laws.
I still hate the term "offroad", I assume they are not allowing dirt bikes, quads, and SxS (they should do something, somewhere IMO).
Jeeps, motorcycles, ect are street/highway legal vehicles just like a Honda Accord or Ma's minivan.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They have the enforcement, people, and means to do it but the organization seems not wanting to be bothered with it. Especially when certain individuals openly say they don't want to enforce specific regulations and have ties and close interaction to many of the problems occurring in the pines. Its funny what you can learn by just listening to conversations... :rolleyes:

I am not exactly sure what you mean. In any event, maybe those that won't enforce the rules don't agree how said rules effect those that legally do what it proper.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I'm seeing a bunch of talk online from the environmentalist community (I hate that term since I consider this site to be an environmentalist site) again painting the most negative picture imaginable about what's going to galvanize public opinion towards closing as many roads as possible.

Rather than engaging in honest, healthy dialog and trying to be a genuine partner to try to find a solution the usual players are going back to the same failed playbook for round 2. Make no bones about it: the end goal of these people is to completely prohibit motorized vehicles in the Pine Barrens. The first time some idiot digs a rut after an actual MAP is made they're going to call it a failure and ask for more extreme measures.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
the end goal of these people is to completely prohibit motorized vehicles in the Pine Barrens. The first time some idiot digs a rut after an actual MAP is made they're going to call it a failure and ask for more extreme measures.
That is absolutely correct. Lets just hope that an actual MAP is never implemented. The winners from that will be those same individuals who have been tearing the woods up.

Jessica and I spend most of our time in the woods before noon and rarely are out at other times of the day. We never see the Park Police. I know people who's time spent in the woods does not start until long after dark and I bet you they never see the Park Police. They have all the time in the world to spin their wheels and they do just that. Does anyone honestly think a MAP will stop them???

Reactions: MuckSavage

Wildland937

Scout
Aug 24, 2016
New Germany
I am not exactly sure what you mean. In any event, maybe those that won't enforce the rules don't agree how said rules effect those that legally do what it proper.
The meaning is that there are LEO who say they won't enforce the "bad" off roaders not do they want to be bothered with them. Mainly because a certain few really don't care, are connected to people who are, or are actually part of the problem themselves. It is nothing about being worried about the good people. JMO from past experiences...