Where is this?

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
Remnants of the old concrete bridge at HF.

Was at Hampton this morning - are these the concrete remains you're referring to with something written on them? This is very close to your pin drop but I'm not sure.
A7502347.jpg

There is also this big slab near the edge of the creek, looks like a footing.
A7502346.jpg

If either of these, then it would really take some work to get a look at the bottom of any of these pieces. Would need to come back with a trowel, at least. Is writing carved/imprinted into the concrete? Or maybe I'm off the mark and this is not what you were referring to :confused:

Last edited:

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
It's been quite a while since I've been there. Is this known as "the top of the world", East of 539 almost opposite of the Warren Grove gunnery range? If so, I have never seen the drain.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I also thought it looked like Spring Hill, but the view in the distance didn't seem quite right and it's less than two miles from Bear Swamp Hill. I don't know where it is, but you could try sweeping a circle on the LIDAR map with the measuring tool. :clint:

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 11.23.58 AM.png

Reactions: manumuskin

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It's been quite a while since I've been there. Is this known as "the top of the world", East of 539 almost opposite of the Warren Grove gunnery range? If so, I have never seen the drain.
No, but that reminds me. That same day I found the FFS cut a new road (4 wheel only) into the Stafford township Line road, that takes you to that site...'top of world'...you spoke of? See approximate location below for the new road and what I suppose you mean 'top'. When they did this, we can now avoid that narrow set of low country holes after you enter by the last house in Warren Grove heading south.

1678553174613.png

Last edited:

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
No, but that reminds me. That same day I found the FFS cut a new road (4 wheel only) into the Stafford township Line road, that takes you to that site...'top of world'...you spoke of? See approximate location below for the new road and what I suppose you mean 'top'. When they did this, we can now avoid that narrow set of low country holes after you enter by the last house in Warren Grove heading south.

View attachment 19526
No, not the overlook on the township line. I wasn't aware of the new FFS road. The house was built on the original entrance so the FFS did plow a new access quite a few years ago. It's not really new unless there is a new fresh cut, which I'm not aware of.

What I'm referring to is an old gravel pit that is a failed development of long ago. I was with some friends and a hunter that hunts the area and this is what they called it. https://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.69649599075941&lng=-74.3284002284336&z=16&type=hybrid&gpx=

Last edited: