Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That river is a nice paddle but now they closed off the takeout.

Yea, they really care about residents enjoying themselves on the rivers. You would think they would make it easy and enjoyable.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like one of the many streams or water ditches in Franklin Parker Preserve
No. Not close to there. It is between 206 and Carranza and closer to Carranza. The water is just to the left by an old dike in this photo. And the road to the right coming in behind Jessica has been blocked off semi recently with the plastic in the road. And the road ahead goes to a location where the road it intersects is blocked. Basically, your rights to drive there are terminated!!!!

IMG_7214a.jpg

Last edited:

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
That tree and intersection in your pointer is off of Glossy Spung Rd. As far as I know, that road was deemed off limits in the original MAP fiasco. As I recall, that little sign quotes something about keeping it clean. I think Ed C and I discussed that and the small directional looking thing above it.

Reactions: Teegate

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
I don't think that pin drop could get more accurate. You are all too advanced; I don't have anything hard enough for this thread :D

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That tree and intersection in your pointer is off of Glossy Spung Rd. As far as I know, that road was deemed off limits in the original MAP fiasco. As I recall, that little sign quotes something about keeping it clean. I think Ed C and I discussed that and the small directional looking thing above it.

You are correct Joe.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
I am sure that pipe must have been one of the many that were under the stream right there. That location washed out in 2011.

Here is a picture of what it looks like today, for comparison. Taken from the opposite side as your photo. It looks like it could pretty easily wash out again.

A7501540.jpg

I'm also curious about the tiny foundation that the pipe has been tipped into, if you have any guesses on that.

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A bit of local lore: If you walk toward the Skit from that spot, you will cross a concrete raceway. Continue along the dam, it ends. Locally it is called The Breached Causeway and I was told it was dynamited.

Aerials show that that has been out since 1931. I suspect it just washed out just like the concrete bridge in my photo from about 1977. This is where the current bridge is on the Skit.

Me sitting.

hampton1a.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is a picture of what it looks like today, for comparison. Taken from the opposite side as your photo. It looks like it could pretty easily wash out again.

View attachment 18996
I'm also curious about the tiny foundation that the pipe has been tipped into, if you have any guesses on that.

That location right there had multiple buildings in the past with one being the Quinton Antlers Gun Club. It more than likely had something to do with that. But I really can't say.

Reactions: stiltzkin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
And about 50 feet from that intersection shown in the photo with Jessica above is one of the property corners for the Rider Wilkinson property. I have not been able to find it. The stone may be gone.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
In the concrete rubble there is something written when the concrete was wet. It would take some effort to expose it all. It might be a fun project.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In the concrete rubble there is something written when the concrete was wet. It would take some effort to expose it all. It might be a fun project.

What has something written on it? Which photo location are your referring to?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
post 2009, yes there is something written on it on the bottom of one of the slabs. It needs a wire brushing and may be a mirror, it is upside down. I will locate it