So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
I took the afternoon off and hiked Paris Mountain (a local hill) with my husband. Fun! But we'd trade the whole mountain for one PB swamp, right about now; one of the lovely ones I've been seeing photos of . . . . Pining for the Pines . . . so sentimental for V-Day and all.

And I'm thinking about the snow geese at the Brigantine Refuge. (aka Forsythe) Have they come back yet? I still have a white feather I picked up there--such an amazing sight to see them by the hundreds.

You all are so fortunate to live near the Pines. Like with children (Jeff), enjoy what you've got. Too soon, it's different.
Hmm . . . think I'm goin' to get me some chocolate.
--G

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I took the afternoon off and hiked Paris Mountain (a local hill) with my husband. Fun! But we'd trade the whole mountain for one PB swamp, right about now;
--G

I could never move from NJ because I have one thing I really love to do, and that is explore the pines. You can be a hundred yards from where you were a few minutes earlier and be in a completely different environment. There is an endless list of places to go and you never can see them all. It is so much fun trying though.

Guy

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
It's a little late, but yesterday, me, my wife and 2 other couples went to Sea Isle City to watch my crazy son do the Polar Bear Plunge!!! It wasn't too bad on the beach, but the people coming out of the water were chilled to the bone.

Sidenote: It drove crazy driving home on Rt. 50 past Estelle Manor and knowing I couldn't stop to do some exploring!!!

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
It's a little late, but yesterday, me, my wife and 2 other couples went to Sea Isle City to watch my crazy son do the Polar Bear Plunge!!! It wasn't too bad on the beach, but the people coming out of the water were chilled to the bone.

Good for your son! He's not crazy at all. Once you go cold you'll never grow old. Invigorating to say the least! Booo Yah, says me. I hope that he was able to raise some $$ for the cause. I do Seaside Heights in two weeks. It is the former Point Pleasant gig. 10 years running now. Be well.

g.

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Good for your son! He's not crazy at all. Once you go cold you'll never grow old. Invigorating to say the least! Booo Yah, says me. I hope that he was able to raise some $$ for the cause. I do Seaside Heights in two weeks. It is the former Point Pleasant gig. 10 years running now. Be well.

g.

Thanks Largo! He's a good kid. He's done this for the past four years with his high school. The reason I say he's crazy is that he just didn't run in the ocean once, he ran in 3 times this year!!!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

g.

Got a link for that George? I enjoyed that immensely last year.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
http://njpolarplunge.sonj.org/

Just check out the Seaside event.
The idiot in the front of the pic on the bottom looks like me from a couple years back.
I hope to see you again. Coming out of the water and bouncing into you was a hell of a surprise last year, less the unflattering pic of course.

g.

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
I could never move from NJ because I have one thing I really love to do, and that is explore the pines. You can be a hundred yards from where you were a few minutes earlier and be in a completely different environment. There is an endless list of places to go and you never can see them all. It is so much fun trying though.

Guy

I know how ya feel Guy! I moved up to pennsy for nine months and man was i out of my element! They have no clue what the pines are where i lived. Only good thing about up there was Cabellas was only 20 minutes away!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
it's my 15th anniversary,I'm headed to the woods,Mommas Babysitting and I'm going to work tonite.Met her on valentines day seventeen years ago and married her two years later.haven't had to manage myself since.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
LongIslandPiney said:
aal.jpg

What a looka! I'd sure like her to pick my berries, if you know what I mean!

Reactions: pinelandpaddler
Status
Not open for further replies.