New Image Gallery

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I have just finished installing the new image gallery software.

You can access it by going to http://gallery.njpinebarrens.com

I'd like a few people to try it out before I close down the old one. People should not upload to the old one unless they're OK with those images being gone in the somewhat near future.

One of the really nice things is that when you view your images, the gallery will give you the BBCode that you can just paste into your posts on the forums and the images will appear. You can either paste the image or a linked thumbnail (helpful for big images) in the forums.

Everyone's old albums and uploads should be there. I think the other albums (all of my stuff in the other categories) may be messed up. The import script had a few hiccups when it ran.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea..the BB code will make it much easier for those who have not used it before and want to. Nice!

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Could someone go to my gallery at the above link and tell me if they can see my albums?

I was playing with it as Ben asked and I was able to make a private album. I am not sure if this is an administrator thing or everyone can do this, but I did it to check it out. Now the albums are gone until I go back and remove the private album. Then they return. I can see some of the photo's in the Random Photo area.

EDIT: Ben...how do I make a private album unprivate? Look at the album called "Test" in my Gallery at the above link.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Guy,

I can't see your private album. You can unprivate an album by clicking on the "My Albums" link and then clicking "edit" by the album.

It also seems that it makes the thumbnail for your gallery the last image you upload. If you upload an image to a private gallery, it removes the thumbnail for your entire album (since it's hidden to the public.) I need to find a way of fixing that.

You'd think that, for the money they charge for this software, it would be easier to use. :/

Edit: I may see if I can disable private galleries. The idea of private galleries runs counter to why we have the gallery on the site for.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ok. I changed it to not private. It is cool that it makes a passwork for you. Sweet!

Did it cost you much for the software? If it was expensive I will help you out. Give me a figure and I will see what I can do.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy,

Edit: I may see if I can disable private galleries. The idea of private galleries runs counter to why we have the gallery on the site for.

Sounds like a good move. I was having problems seeing my own once I made it private. And I noticed the missing photo and felt it was replacing the previous one with the private one.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BTW Ben,

Your name was signed on for hours today, and when I checked you had last had activity at 12:00 and this was after 4 or so. Odd!

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well, just mention that any album that is made private will be removed.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here are directions to add photo’s to your Photo Gallery that this site gives you. Depending on your browser there may be some slight differences.

At the top of any page right below the banner, click on "Photos". Towards the top right just above the “Search” field and "Go" button click on “Upload Photos”. When the page opens look right above the green bar and you should see your screen-name.

Below the green bar is the “Upload Photo” area, and you click on a “Choose File” or "Browse" button depending on your browser. Choose your photo when your directory come up. Once done, in the boxes below the “Browse” button you can name the photo and describe it. Or you can do that later. Now hit the “Upload/Submit” button.

Another window will come up and you hit the “Process” button. Your photo is now uploaded and it will show in the window. Click on the photo. Up will come the photo with a bunch of text below it. If you want to put the photo directly into your post, copy the “BB Code” text. Paste it into your post and the photo will show up in the post. If you just want the link in your post or an email, copy the “Direct Link” text.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I haven't heard any feedback from other people re: the gallery so I am going to assume that it works perfectly and everybody loves it.

I will probably change the links in all of the headers tonight.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I haven't heard any feedback from other people re: the gallery so I am going to assume that it works perfectly and everybody loves it.

I will probably change the links in all of the headers tonight.

I played with it and was able to upload and even delete photo's and albums. I would say go with it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Speaking of images, I see some new banners and icons on them.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Speaking of images, I see some new banners and icons on them.

Guy

The new banners are really nice Ben. I see you even have the Cedar Bridge Tavern photo of Nate Ewing.......sweet! And are the burnt one from your visit recently?

Guy