I'm in the Courier Post today!

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
We go to the one in Deptford. I'll try again next week sometime. They are really good about ordering stuff there, but I hope it's on the shelves.

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I'd like to do a signing in Deptford. I have one in Voorhees next weekend, so maybe I'll swing by there afterward. The publisher was trying to get me ones in Mt. Holly, Vineland, and I think Ocean City. Haven't heard anything else about those yet.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I'd like to do a signing in Deptford. I have one in Voorhees next weekend, so maybe I'll swing by there afterward. The publisher was trying to get me ones in Mt. Holly, Vineland, and I think Ocean City. Haven't heard anything else about those yet.

When and where is the one in Voorhees?

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
We go to the one in Deptford. I'll try again next week sometime. They are really good about ordering stuff there, but I hope it's on the shelves.

I called Deptford today, 856-232-3123, spoke to a fellow named Kevin
They have 3 copies. They would to anyone take an order and ship if you chose.
As I work in West Berlin I am looking for Voorhees location as well ???
Figures, I now have over $100.00 in Borders gift cards ( people know I like to read ) and they don't carry it of course in Marlton anyway. Perhaps I'll try the Echelon mall thing.
I shall gladly shell out the $$$ though when I get to a place.

*** Stu, I will try to get there next week. A signing would be an honor.

G.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You most likely will see me there.

Guy

Well, maybe not. It looks like I will not make it. If I do it will be at the end of the day. I will try to make another one if I don't.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I don't know if anybody noticed but I wrote a review of Stu's book.

I read it.
Beginning tomorrow eve' I shall make my own assessment as I intend to see STU, and his book, and purchase the latter, in Voorhees. I intend to be there early.

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
It almost didn't happen because the store didn't get their initial order of books.

Strange that you said that... Never being one to leave things to chance, I called yesterday (856-772-1703) checking that very thing.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Stu,

When is your next signing in the Echelon area?

Guy

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
Stu,

When is your next signing in the Echelon area?

Guy

I went to both the Barnes & Noble by Deptford Mall and the Borders in the mall to try and set up signings. I have to call both back tomorrow and Monday.

I doubt I'll go to Echelon again; there was almost no traffic in it.

Not too sure where it is in relation to Echelon, but I'll be at the Collingswood Book Festival Oct. 6.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I went to both the Barnes & Noble by Deptford Mall and the Borders in the mall to try and set up signings. I have to call both back tomorrow and Monday.

I doubt I'll go to Echelon again; there was almost no traffic in it.

Not too sure where it is in relation to Echelon, but I'll be at the Collingswood Book Festival Oct. 6.

I live near Collingswood so I will try to make that one. It is a Saturday so I hope your signing is in the afternoon. The mornings are usually spent in the pines. I will get there one day.

I should have mentioned the Echelon Mall was under construction. My wife and kids were there last week and said it was dead.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Stu & Book

Yeah,
Echelon is so tore up it's nuts. Dead... yes. I hate malls anyhoo.
Took my boys out today for the trip. It was a pleasure to meet STU.
A cool & quiet fellow to talk to. I will say his wife was pleasant as well.
I was there a solid hour ( I kinda like to get Jawin' ) and that was a stretch for the boys in a small bookstore. They're really good but my little dude was burnin' out so it was time to get. We hit the food court on the way out. Another reminder of why I hate malls!
The book, I told myself to take it in stride but coming home I had no ambition to do anything other than put my feet up in a lawnchair & read.
I am no book critic so I'll just say the following. I've read most of it in a relaxing fashion. I like a book that isn't a front to back read. I enjoy moving around.I like reading on N.J places I know about, ones I know a little about, and ones I know nothing about. This had all. It is not a complicated and busy writing. It is odd to meet a person, even briefly and then read his writing, and place him in it. I very much enjoy the photo's.
I even got a little nostalgic on a scant few pages regarding Drive-ins. As I read I welled up with fond memories of my youth in the 70's when that was a big event with mom & dad on weekends. I am amazed that STU can actually perform his "wanderings" but I wish him luck in continuation.
New writings or not, it is an admirable hobby, or lifestyle.
I've gone on again, go figure.
Well, I'm easy to please in a read so STU gets a thank you for the book.
It is added to my library and I say it well worth the price.
There is one problem. The damned thing smells too new! I've got to leave it out in the shed for a few decades.

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I am amazed that STU can actually perform his "wanderings" but I wish him luck in continuation.
New writings or not, it is an admirable hobby, or lifestyle.
g.

This may have been taken wrong. My point is that this guy, with such a busy life, manages to enjoy his passion, inlude it in his schedule, and share it with others... amazes me. Kudos, not criticism.

g.