Beer (again)

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Rocco's Towne House in Hammonton

If any of y'all are in Hammonton and are thirsty for a good beer, stop in at Rocco's Towne House. They recently got a number of good beers in, including Dogfish Head 60 and 90 Minute IPA, Ommegang Hennepin and Abbey Ale and several other fine micro brews.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
If you like stouts and bourbon, this is the nirvana of beers. Aged in used bourbon casks:

Had it for the 1st time a few months ago and got hooked. Founders has been my fav brewery in recent times. These are great too:

another great stout

And lets not forget their fine ale.

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
It has been a while since I have been to Rocco's. Now that you gave me a good reason to go there again, real soon, I will willingly sample their beers. Thank you for the update and continue the beer reviews at Rocco's

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
It has been a while since I have been to Rocco's. Now that you gave me a good reason to go there again, real soon, I will willingly sample their beers. Thank you for the update and continue the beer reviews at Rocco's

Tony, where's Roccco's? Do they do food also, maybe we should go?

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
Tony, where's Roccco's? Do they do food also, maybe we should go?

Ed, They are on third st. They have great food. It is a place where you go to dine and spend a couple of hours. Let's go. Marian and I are always open for dining somewhere. Pinelandpaddler wants to go also. This could be a good time for all, eating good food, sampling brews and talking about the Pines.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Sounds like a plan. Maybe we could arrange something in the gettogethers forum.
Ed, They are on third st. They have great food. It is a place where you go to dine and spend a couple of hours. Let's go. Marian and I are always open for dining somewhere. Pinelandpaddler wants to go also. This could be a good time for all, eating good food, sampling brews and talking about the Pines.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
My fellow beer-drinking Pineys,

Rocco's Townhouse features "Craft and Draft night" every Thursday night from 9pm-12am. They added some more micros, too.

Why don't a bunch of us join up next Thursday, March 11 at 7pm?

staggerlee

Mar 2, 2010
glassboro
newbeer

I'm with Ben. PBR, I think, is the smoothest and most distinct legacy beer. Also, try Lionshead. it's about as cheap as it gets, fairly lacking in distinct flavor, but good.

Anyway folks, I'm a new member. Thanks for the effort it must have taken to build this, and I hope I can contribute. I came here to Glassboro 6 years ago, and I've been hooked on local history from the moment I shoveled into some slag glass in my front yard garden. My great uncles moved to the pines from West Virginia in the 40's, so I'm primed and ready to learn.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
I'm with Ben. PBR, I think, is the smoothest and most distinct legacy beer. Also, try Lionshead. it's about as cheap as it gets, fairly lacking in distinct flavor, but good.

Anyway folks, I'm a new member. Thanks for the effort it must have taken to build this, and I hope I can contribute. I came here to Glassboro 6 years ago, and I've been hooked on local history from the moment I shoveled into some slag glass in my front yard garden. My great uncles moved to the pines from West Virginia in the 40's, so I'm primed and ready to learn.
Welcome. Nice screen name.. one of my favorite tunes.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It looks like NJ has some catching up to do.....

bars_groceries.3as6o3htr4mckskg0k4w4gwos.bxj7bs82axw0g448owg4gc8so.th.png

njpaddler

Mar 27, 2010
Beer to try

Having just been in VT in January, I had the good fortune to try the Long Trail, a fine brewery a few miles east of where I was staying, and all over the bars & restaurants up there. I last night found that Canal's has some of it here. Here's three to look for.

Try their ale, it's excellent, slightly dark and has something going for it, not wimpy, and also for sure try the Double Bag, it's got plenty of everything- body, taste and alcohol @ 7.2%. By far my favorite, though, which I have not found here yet and sadly only brought 12 bottles back from Rutland, is the Hibernator. It's the best I've had in a long time.

Cheers !

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Having just been in VT in January, !

Try the Catamount Brewery in White River Junction the next time in Vermont. My wife liked one of the bears there even though I can't remember which one now.

Guy