Envrionmental Forum Stockton College

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
Hi, my name is yvonne (infinite sameness), and I'm a student at Stockton College. I am working with Water Watch, Student Action Volunteers for the Environment, and Stockton's Surf Club to coordinate this year's Environmental Education Forum - "The Road to Change." The focus of this conference is catalyzing individual, local, and political change in reference to the current global climate crisis. The forum is Saturday, April 5th from 9am to 4pm. Ralph Nader has been confirmed as our keynote speaker! The day will feature workshops and panels by experts in the field - topics include: local solutions to climate change, understanding man's ecological dilemma, community and student activism, alternative energy, redevelopment options, how to compost, why buy locally, and smart growth planning. We will also be holding children's workshops throughout the day. The event is $7 per person - this includes free breakfast and lunch, access to all panels, workshops, and speeches, and access to our first annual EnviARTmental Art show. There will also be a free concert for the environment on campus from 5-11pm.

To PRE REGISTER for this event, please log on to http://njwaterwatch.org/atlantic-city/enviro_forum.

Its going to be a fun day and i have worked very hard all semester helping with this event I hope to see some of you there !!!!!!!

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
lol

valid question remembering men are like a cooler you can fill them with beer and take em anywhere unfortunetly not its a college event and most students are under 21 :( I know these things arent much fun without tastey liquid refreshments

Hi, my name is yvonne (infinite sameness), and I'm a student at Stockton College. I am working with Water Watch, Student Action Volunteers for the Environment, and Stockton's Surf Club to coordinate this year's Environmental Education Forum - "The Road to Change." The focus of this conference is catalyzing individual, local, and political change in reference to the current global climate crisis. The forum is Saturday, April 5th from 9am to 4pm. Ralph Nader has been confirmed as our keynote speaker! The day will feature workshops and panels by experts in the field - topics include: local solutions to climate change, understanding man's ecological dilemma, community and student activism, alternative energy, redevelopment options, how to compost, why buy locally, and smart growth planning. We will also be holding children's workshops throughout the day. The event is $7 per person - this includes free breakfast and lunch, access to all panels, workshops, and speeches, and access to our first annual EnviARTmental Art show. There will also be a free concert for the environment on campus from 5-11pm.

To PRE REGISTER for this event, please log on to http://njwaterwatch.org/atlantic-city/enviro_forum.

Its going to be a fun day and i have worked very hard all semester helping with this event I hope to see some of you there !!!!!!!

(THEE Ralph Nader) will be there, count me in

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Damn all!
Too short a notice. I would have loved to attend.
We would almost be able to complete table 9
Concealed Flasks would be required of course.
With respect to Mr. Nader.

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown

Ben,
It is evident that you have defined a pattern. Brilliant work!
I myself am already looking over commitments to possibly attend.
Would you, yourself attend in the interest?
Actually I ask the same of everyone lest I recreate my weekend.
By the way, you've just defined table 9.

g.

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
Gabe is attending after his morning hike this sat
Ben you should bring the wife and little one hopefully the weather holds out
As for a table 9 reunion im all for it what you bring in soda bottles or flasks is not heard or seen by me :ninja::guinness::)

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Sadly,
I shall not be able to attend. Other commitments prevail. I feel I would enjoy it.
Ah, but one less soul that the very responsible Ben must fear for.

g.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I'd love to attend but I'll be somewhere between Batsto and Rt 679.
Where else can you get breakfast andlunch for $7. I'd also love to hear Ralph Nader speak even though, when I think about it, he actually helped part of the problem get elected. I still like the guy though.
Hope you have a great turnout.

Jay

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
um yeah

I'd also love to hear Ralph Nader speak even though, when I think about it, he actually helped part of the problem get elected. I still like the guy though. quoted by jbird

:rofl: i beg to differ two thoughts on that matter I personally voted for ralph and if he did not run i doubt i would have voted for any other candidate and secondly i do believe it is the voting system which led to our missfortune for the last 8 years our voting system is very flawed and unfair i propose instant run off voting a fair system and gives independants a chance i would love to see instant runoff voting in NJ in my lifetime perhaps it would help save my beloved pines which urban sprawl is slowly killing :( im afraid jersey is slowly turning to pavement and not the beautiful green state which we are named for ..........

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
So, you are saying that if Nader had never been a candidate, you wouldn't have voted? That's fine but I personally have a different opinion. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
I do have to wonder how things would be now if the winner had won.