13,000 people watched a chair fall in New Jersey

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
No comment... except I don't consider Route 47 a "back road". But, whatever. :D

I actually joined this group and was appalled to see the amount of people that had no problem trespassing on private property to get a closeup with the "chair". Or had no problem stopping traffic while they illegally parked and crossed the highway. Crazy stuff!

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I actually joined this group and was appalled to see the amount of people that had no problem trespassing on private property to get a closeup with the "chair". Or had no problem stopping traffic while they illegally parked and crossed the highway. Crazy stuff!
I don't like it either. Welcome to the society we've become. We are doomed, it's just a matter of time and that time is drawing near.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
There are plenty of reasons to be concerned about where our society is heading. But I don't think this is one of them. I mean.... it's facebook. What do you expect from a group of people watching a chair in a derelict house? Reminds me of an old joke

Person 1: The food in this restaurant is terrible!
Person 2: I agree. And the portions are so small!

:D

I only do a quick drive-by of facebook a couple times a week now. Very rarely post anything, only reason I stay is friends in other countries plus a number of former students going back to ~1980 where FB is my only connection. Frankly, it wouldn't be a huge loss if I left, but not quite ready yet.

BTW... you know you're old when the former students you remember as 18-year-old college freshmen are now posting pictures of their grandchildren!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My youngest daughter was talking about an incident she watched on TV during a hockey game and she just checked and it was 21 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: bobpbx and Boyd

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
BTW... you know you're old when the former students you remember as 18-year-old college freshmen are now posting pictures of their grandchildren. No lie there. There was a fire the other day at a local store and as we were walking up to the scene, I saw this kid

BTW... you know you're old when the former students you remember as 18-year-old college freshmen are now posting pictures of their grandchildren!
No lie there. There was a fire the other day at a local store and as we were walking up to the scene, I saw this "kid" putting on his turn out gear and I said to my husband, "How cute, he must be a cadet or junior"..as he walked past us and went in to fight the fire. I swear he looked to be about 12! Turns out he had been fighting fires for quite a few years. Boy did I feel old!