15" aluminum canoe

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Osagian canoe. Comes with two PFD's and two well-loved paddles. (that's salesman speak for fair condition).
Canoe is light and in great shape. Good choice for kids, it has a little bit of a keel so it is very stable, yet tracks really well. $395.

Canoe001.jpg

Canoe002.jpg

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Very nice Sue,
Why would you get rid of it?
Unless you got a better piece, it can be stored easily and never will go bad.
I am actually looking for a second canoe but I want the design to go the other extreme from mine so I can enjoy two mediums. Yours is basically the same as mine.

g.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Largo, I don't really want to get rid of it, but we don't have a place to put it other than against the hedges in the back yard. I used to live on the Delaware and took it out all the time. We have kayaks now, so when the Gremlins go a-paddling, we always take the yaks and leave the canoe behind. The canoe has not been used in about 4 years and it makes me sort of sad if that makes any sense.
I just don't think we will use it. Not unless a miracle happens and we get to move to a place on the water again.
I was hemming and hawing about it for a while. I am afraid I won't be able to find a canoe I like as much as this one, it tracks so effortlessly compared to a Grumman, but like I said, I don't foresee using it.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Sue:

If you want to dock it in my back yard, that's fine. I have plenty of space, and you can come pick it up and use it whenever you want. I even have another canoe here to keep it company.

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Lenape Chief

Does anyone remember the Lenape Canoe Company in Medford? I bought a 15 ft. Lenape Chief in 1971 for $150, heavy fiberglass with a riveted in place aluminum keel and wood seats. It weighed 85 lbs. but it was an awesome boat. Somebody stole it from my sisters backyard in Brooklawn in 1983 and I never saw it again. It was baby blue. Boy do I miss that boat. The following year Lenape changed to a thinner, lighter fiberglass laminate, which made it lighter. A few years later they went out of business. I now own a Mohawk Intrepid 16 ft. made here in FL, no keel so it is nimble and a little unsteady, not good for kids or inexperienced adults. A couple years ago Mohawk went out of business!