360 Panorama

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Al,

As usual they are great. I want to get more involved with that.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
the first one had issues with the sky.The sky was solid white and the software apparently had nothing to grab onto so it would not match them up so I deleted the top and bottom rows which left me with a 360 pano but not a 180.I am going to redo this spot under better sky conditions and also in other seasons.This hgas to be one of the purtiest spots in the barrens.The last one of the same area only doctored up was an experiment in HDR and color saturation.I am trying some HDR stuff but don't know if I'm going to like it yet or not but I am liking the Pano's.
Guy
you can do hanheld panos if your not close to foreground objects like maybe at friendship but the closer you are to trees and such the more a tripod and pano head are needed.
Dogg
That is actually a lent tripod from Whipoorbill.
Al

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
I've never seen fish in that 3rd location, but heard that you can witness large mammals crawling on their bellies through the mire, over the creek, migrating towards the islands of the pineswamps....
Of course, I've never seen that either....only heard about it.....

Beautiful sights you've captured again, Al. There are so many areas worthy of this form of photography. How do you begin to decide? My list would be too-too long.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I've never seen fish in that 3rd location, but heard that you can witness large mammals crawling on their bellies through the mire, over the creek, migrating towards the islands of the pineswamps....

Good one Terry! I am a witness to that actual yearly event.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
These give some interesting effects, don't they? The first one didn't load for me, but the second very effectively gives a sense of pitch pines going on forever, and the third has captured one of my favorite places in the Barrens. It's quite cool being able to stop the motion and zoom in on a particular spot. Thanks!

Glo

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Okay-- sorry, new laptop. Have now installed missing plugins. "Grassy Barrens" is a winner too. These all give such breadth and depth to well-loved landscapes. A great new media!

Glo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Why is it that "River full of fish" has the top of the tripod missing???

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I referred to it as River full of fish so as not to give the location away to see how many know the spot.It appeaRS QUITE A FEW DO.rIVER FULL OF FISH WAS APPARENTLY A mONTE pYTHON song which Bill gives me a rendition of no matter what river we happen to be canoeing on so it is our canoeing mantra so to speak.
The reason half of the tripod is missing is because that pano did not turn out to be a 180 vertical because the software obviously had trouble compositing the completely featureless white sky at the time and would not include those exposures in the photo.I am using a free software that does not allow for manually stiching photos but is all automatic.Since the top layer of shots was screwed up I also took out the bottom row to make it even.I am going back to this spot again to try for a full 360x 180 under better sky conditions.I am also going back here in different seasons.This is one of my top ranking favorite spot in the pines.
I have seen many fish in the tulpe.They were all fearsome and toothy and long and skinny and prefferred shiny bits of metal to actual live bait.Very stupid fish if I do say so myself.
ps
you notice i only look up at what i type every so often.
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yes Bob.One of my Barrens "Power Spots".I like to lay back in that waterfall and laugh at the summer heat.This area floods to a small lake in spring sometimes and then the falls is hidden.The first time ZI seen this spot was from a canoe and me and Whip got stuck on the falls thinking that this was the main channel.I have since learned the right hand channel facing upstream is the way to go.
Al

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice as usual Al? Do you use automatic setting or manual?

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Nice as usual Al? Do you use automatic setting or manual?

Guy
I use manual settings since to use automatic will give each pic a slightly different aperture and shutter speed and will result in problems with the software used to stitch it together hence I have to attempt to strike a balance which usually results in the sky being overexposed because the sky is not my main object I'm trying to get. I can doctor up the jpeg once i get it done but but cannot put it into photosynth as a single jpeg.I need to put it in straight from the stitch software which means I would have to doctor each photo individually and then stitch and export to photosynth,needless to say an awful lot of work.I have a free pano viewer so I can doctor and then view the pano at home.It is a small zip file application that doesn't need to be installed and will allow full screen viewing of panos.My problem is I don't have a way to make my doctored pano's viewable online unless I go through all 52 photos separately before stitching and I haven't tried that yet so it may not even work.That is a project i plan on attempting though.
If you'd like the free FSP pano viewer let me know and I can send it as an attachment.It is a very nice viewer.
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
That's a nice one Al. Seems to be a dried up spung.
It is a dried vernal pond full of sphagnum and bordered by cinnamon fern.I always looked at spungs as vernal ponds filled with leatherleaf but perhaps a spagnum pond would classify as well.You can find leatherleaf spungs down here but their not near as common as up the barrens further,on the other hand royal fern is fairly common down here:)
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Nice place Al
Thanks Dogg,used to be fairly easy to get to but the trail is now history,it's a fire ditch but the briars have laid claim to it.I plan on cutting a new trail to at least near it.I will not cut right to it because at the moment it is apparently undiscovered by hunters.Not that I mind hunters they just tend to leave deer stands and trash behind and I want to keep it unspoiled.There is a much bigger vernal pond just east of it that does have an old stand and usually has water,lots of mud,deer tracks and three large trees up the middle.Not as pretty but definitely wild looking.
Al

scubabruce

Scout
Jul 1, 2011
ATCO, NJ
"The first time ZI seen this spot was from a canoe and me and Whip got stuck on the falls thinking that this was the main channel.I have since learned the right hand channel facing upstream is the way to go.
Al

Where did you put in - Speedwell?